104w ago - Sony Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home update patch version 1.60 will be arriving this Thursday with details below, as follows:
This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces!
Here's a look at what's coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
How to Apply the v1.60 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (v1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the v1.60 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Furniture Placement Limit
• We have doubled the furniture placement limit in personal spaces and clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
• Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
• 100 standard furniture items or...
• 78 standard furniture items...
133w ago - Today James Gallagher has shared a video and word that Capcom's Asuras Wrath currently points to a 2012 release on the PS3 entertainment system.
To quote: After seeing this trailer at Captivate, the hotel was rattling with chat of 'God Finger', 'Heavenly Point' and 'Space Cuticle'.
The game was actually Asura's Wrath and, with so many of the games on show such as Dragon's Dogma suggesting a shift towards more Western influences with new Capcom games, it had a distinctly Japanese feel along similar lines to the likes of God Hand.
However, while there's nothing new about an action game featuring gigantic Gods, there's one series that PlayStation fans are particularly familiar with, so I asked director Seiji Shimoda how far the similarities run...
First of all I'm honored for Asura's Wrath to be mentioned in the same breath as God of War - I have played it and it's an incredible game. Superficially, there are some resemblances but we're hoping that, as you see more of Asura's Wrath, you're going feel that it's something completely different; that it doesn't really compare with anything else in action gaming.
161w ago - A new month is upon us, and with it comes a barrage of new PS3 releases for Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
Below is a list of the November 2010 PS3 releases, courtesy of PS3Center.net (linked above), as follows:
• Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
• Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
• MegaMind: Ultimate Showdown
• Blood Drive
• James Bond 007: Blood Stone
• Monster Jam: Path of Destruction
• SingStar Dance (PS3 Exclusive)
• Call of Duty: Black Ops
• The Sly Collection (PS3 Exclusive)
• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
• Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
• NBA JAM
• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: The Videogame
• Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life
• EA Sports Active 2.0
• Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet
• Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
• Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos