- Deborah Mars
, Senior Producer at SCEA Santa Monica, has revealed some new details about the new PixelJunk Monsters Encore expansion pack which is coming in May 2008.
Some highlights includes: 1 new island (Toki Island), 15 new levels, 5 new music tracks from Otograph, Ice Tower is now a stock item and a reduced gem cost to buy the Tesla Tower.
To quote: Of course we're huge fans of all things Monsters, and totally biased about spreading the PixelJunk gospel but first, here's a quick overview of some of the highlights in PixelJunk Monsters Encore:
* 1 new island, Toki Island
* 15 new levels
* 5 new music tracks from Otograph
* Ice Tower is now a stock item
* Reduced gem cost to buy the Tesla Tower
* Releasing in May 2008
We had loads of questions for Dylan and team, so we're splitting this interview into two parts. Featured below are my top five burning questions for Dylan, and be sure to check back next week when SCE Associate Producer Matt Morton delivers the goods on the remaining five.
1. (Deb) How did you decide on the name for the expansion pack? Personally, you know we liked "PixelJunk Monsters: The Lost Island" or "PixelJunk Monsters: The Others"...we're huge fans of the TV show Lost over here.