170w ago - MAG's Jeremy Dunham has announced that the Massive Action Game has been updated today to PS3 Patch v1.04a, which includes the complete changelog as detailed below.
This latest patch addresses a number of balance-related housekeeping bits that should even the battlefields of Syr Daria Uplink and the overall Sabotage game type quite bit.
Besides an adjustment that's been made to all Sabotage player boundaries in an effort to put the kibosh on "spawn camping" exploits, v1.04a also adds a number of map-specific changes to S.V.E.R.'s Sabo homeland.
The map, which previously favored the defenders too heavily, is now much more contestable for attackers and defenders alike.
Patch v1.04a - Available March 17, 2010 | N/A (TPPS), 84MB (DLS)
• Adjusted player boundaries to limit "spawn camping" exploits in Darien Network, Copper Hills Relay and Syr Daria Uplink maps.
Map - Syr Daria Uplink
• Pushed in physical defensive boundary for Attacker's "Alpha Squad" spawns 10 meters.
• Removed two short staircases in front of Attacker's "Alpha Squad" spawn.
• Relocated box truck to block sightline on attacker's right side at "Objective A" stairwell.
171w ago - Today Jeremy Dunham has updated the official blog with details of the incoming MAG PS3 Patch 1.04, and he also shared news of free bonus armor.
To quote: First up is the availability of our pre-order bonus armor!
Originally offered as part of our incentive plan to those who purchased the game prior to its release on January 26, these special "medium improved" armor types and their faction-specific camo (Spyder for Raven, Hazard for SVER, and Bulldog for Valor) are now accessible to any and all MAG players in North America starting today, March 11.
The best part? They're all free! All you have to do is log on to the PlayStation Store after today's update and grab 'em when you see 'em. Once they've been obtained, your new armor can then be found in-game between the medium and heavy armor types when prepping your character in the loadout screen.
Expect it to take up 800ccs of your total capacity. Stay tuned for bonus armor release timing in other regions outside of North America in the near future.
But that's not all. We're also pleased to announce that the latest patch update is coming too! Available starting tomorrow, March 12, at 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT, our new patch tidies up a few technical things while also addressing two bigger...
Every month there's a new challenge and with each challenge comes another chance for you to win prizes from your friends here at SCEA. At the end of each of the three months, prizes will be awarded to the top 10 challenge finishers.
In order to participate, you'll need to authenticate your PlayStation Network ID on GameBattles in your Profile.
173w ago - To conclude their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series, Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared an 'Officer in Charge' video below.
To quote: After a three-week run, we've come to our final installment of our MAG Developer Tip series. To close it out Zipper's training, vehicle and environment designer Ben Jones walks us through the biggest responsibility in the game: being the OIC.
With all the great tips that have come from other Zippers over the week (particularly all of the leadership-oriented bits that have come out over the last few days), I'm going to impart this small list of tried and true techniques that build upon earlier strategies and maximize your effectiveness as an OIC. Some are obvious, some aren't, but all are helpful.
• Your OIC abilities can be accessed by using the TCM through the D-Pad or the CNI by pressing SELECT.
• These abilities are best used while trying to make a push as either an attacker or defender, so try and time their use with changes in the battle! If attackers have opened up their forward spawns try blockading them to give your team time to regroup.
173w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared the next in their ongoing PlayStation 3 developer tips video series dubbed Platoon Leader today.
To quote: Welcome to another installment of our ongoing MAG tactics and strategies posts! Today, we've got tag team action from Software Manager Mike Nicolino and Designer Marc Janas.
Their mission? To give aspiring Platoon Leaders everything they need to find success. What this video below first and then catch their tips after the close.
Hello everyone, this is Marc and Mike, and these are the keys to being a good Platoon Leader.
• Platoon Broadcast Chat: Use this chat channel (selected from the D-pad) to broadcast any speech to the entire platoon. It's useful to help organize everyone to focus on one particular route or objective.
• Platoon Chat: Use this (also selected from the D-pad) to chat directly with only the squad leaders in your platoon. This channel isn't heard by any non-officer players, so it is best used to direct squad leaders on where to send their individual squads in battle.
• When attacking, use your Strafing Run ability to call in planes to pound a specific area on the battlefield...