100w ago - Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has announced today that the Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition will be hitting PlayStation 3 this month for $39.99.
To quote: I'm happy to announce Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition, a brand-new version of Gran Turismo 5 packed with even more features, functionality, and content.
Here's what you can expect to find inside when it rolls out to stores starting January 17th:
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents
• Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.
• All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.
• Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.
The XL Edition will also feature a new reversible inside coversheet featuring the new Red Bull X2011 supercar, to add a different...
103w ago - Today Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has announced that new PS3 DLC and update 2.02 is coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week!
To quote: We're excited to announce all of the new content coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week, including our second round of DLC.
Next week you'll be able to download Car Pack 2 for $3.99 and add some fantastic new rides to your garage.
Car Pack 2 includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.
There's more good news, because as a special gift anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free.
The refresh cards will take any car back to being 'as good as new' while maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors. To take advantage of this offer, you'll need to install the new downloadable update hitting next week.
The free downloadable update coming next week will also add several new enhancements to GT5 as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the benefits of update 2.02 include:
• Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
112w ago - Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has announced today that the Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 update is now live, and confirmed that the PS3 DLC arrives on October 18, 2011.
To quote: After revealing last week all of the great free content coming to Gran Turismo 5, which dropped to $39.99 as of last week, I'm happy to report that the Spec 2.0 update is now live for everyone to download and explore.
And if you're a PlayStation Plus member and have Automatic Downloads enabled, the next time you turn on your PS3 you might find that the update has already been installed. Otherwise, you can launch the game now and update GT5 to Spec 2.0.
The Spec 2.0 update enables you enjoy a new and improved GT5, including interior views for all standard cars, improved physics and AI, faster menus and load times, additional functionality and control in the online racing mode, updated 2011 NASCAR cars, a gorgeous new opening cinematic movie, and much more.
113w ago - Polyphony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has revealed today details on new Gran Turismo 5 PS3 free 2.0 updates, PlayStation 3 DLC and a price drop below!
To quote: If you have been keeping up with GT5, you know Polyphony Digital has been very diligent about releasing free updates to improve the game, especially the online racing mode.
Ever since the launch, Kazunori Yamauchi and his team have been carefully studying posts on forums, reading comments on PlayStation.Blog posts and across Twitter, talking to fans at events, and more. The game has evolved a lot since last November, thanks in part to the dedicated GT fans voicing their opinions.
Now I'm here to share with you some very exciting news about the biggest FREE update yet, releasing in the next few weeks. It will add new features and even more functionality to your GT5 experience.
Polyphony learned that a lot of fans out there love driving using the game's interior view, and has given some serious thought to it. With this new update, all cars in the game will now have interior views.
Although the level of visual details will vary based on what car you choose, you can now race from behind the wheel of any car in the game. In addition,...
145w ago - Today Gran Turismo 5 PS3 Update 1.07 has gone live, with a complete list of the GT5 PlayStation 3 changes detailed below from the official site (linked above):
Update Notice (1.07)
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5. The main contents of the update are as follows:
[Major Changes and New Features]
• Friend Rankings - In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare your lap times and points with them.
• Performance points (PP), which is an index of a car's overall performance, is now calculated regardless of your tire selection. You can now set performance point restrictions and tire restrictions separately when you race in a lounge.
• Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
• Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.
• Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When...