109w ago - Activision's Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has revealed PS3 walkthrough details today for Call of Duty Elite on the PlayStation 3 entertainment system below.
To quote: Call of Duty players all have one big thing in common: Call of Duty. Sounds obvious, I know, but I think that's enough.
Now, some of you reading this are fantastic Call of Duty players. Some of you stink on ice. Let me slide over on this big block of frozen water to make room for you folks in the latter camp. Come sit next to me and we can talk about why we always seem to be on the wrong end of a noob tube.
That said, the gap between the masters and the students is not that wide. We're all playing for the same reason - Call of Duty games are fun, that's all. I'll always take an opportunity to learn and improve, but even when I get my rear handed to me online, as long as I enjoy the company of the people I'm playing with, I'm more likely to leave a session laughing, regardless of KDR.
This is where Call of Duty Elite comes in. Not many games have 30 million people playing them, so the idea behind Elite was to give all those players a common ground - a service that would help them connect, compete, and improve. We're all playing...
116w ago - Activision Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has announced that the new Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection PS3 DLC update is incoming, and will bring gamers 5 new zombie maps.
To quote: You know, zombies have to take a lot of heat from the living. I mean, is it their fault that they are doomed to roam the earth, lurching from brain to brain in a murderous rampage?
They're doing the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.
That's why I'm asking you, the PS3 community, to welcome some zombies into your home this weekend. The Rezurrection DLC pack comes out today for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and it contains five maps that many will approach as a thrilling first-person horror experience - or maybe, just maybe, it could be a very special chance to connect with the dearly departed.
Four of the maps are a joyous reunion anyway; they're upgraded and remastered versions of levels first seen in Call of Duty: World at War. There's Nacht der Untoten, which some see as a desperate standoff in a dilapidated building, but could just be the perfect place for zombie peace talks.
In Verruckt, how do you know the asylum isn't just a nice, padded place for a zombie nap? Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp - a relaxing vacation spot for you to get to know your new friends....
117w ago - Today JD_2020 announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 patch 1.13 update has gone live, which includes security and game fixes as outlined below.
To quote: We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
CoD: Black Ops Patch 1.13 PlayStation 3 Updates:
• Security Updates.
• Addressed an issue where Custom Private Match settings were carrying over to Public matches.
• Prohibited clan tags can no longer be used.
• A player's win streak will now break if they quit out during a live match.
• Players that are partied up are no longer allowed to go into party-restricted lobbies such as FFA.
• Fixed a rare issue with Recent Games not showing the correct heat map.
• Addressed an exploit copying another player's emblem/playercard.
• Added Rezurrection DLC support. (Launching September 22nd!)
• Fixed some issues related to invites going from Zombie to Multiplayer.
• Unlocked clan tag colors can now be set using the swapped X/O button configuration.
120w ago - Today the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 patch update has arrived, which weighs in at 63MB in size and adds new playlists among the updates detailed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 Playlists:
• Express: 30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.
• DLC Moshpit: Moshpit of game modes using only DLC maps.
• DLC Hardcore Moshpit: Same as above only using hardcore game mode variants
Here are the v1.12 patch update changes from JD_2020 on the official site board:
CoD Black Ops PS3 Patch 1.12 changes:
• Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to "warp" under rare circumstances.
• Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
• Improvements to spawn system.
• Addressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
• Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.
124w ago - Activision Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has confirmed that Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation PS3 DLC is now live on PSN and shared some domination tips for fans below.
To quote: Annihilation - the third pack of DLC maps for Call of Duty: Black Ops - comes to the PlayStation 3.
The DLC offers four new multiplayer arenas and a new jungle-based Zombies survival experience in Shangri-Li.
In celebration of the big release, developer Treyarch has deemed that the double XP will flow all weekend long. I'll be hosting a gameplay session this Friday night to soak some of that up myself, and my favorite game type is Domination.
Truth be told, I'm not that good a shot, so objective-based modes like this one let me help the team and keep leveing up even if I'm nowhere near the top of the K/D ratios.
In that spirit, I wanted to offer some tips for the four new maps. I don't know if we'll meet up on the same team or on opposite sides of a red dot sight, but I'm willing to take that risk in the name of having fun...
I like this map a lot. Snipers perched in the projection room and in the screen will no doubt trade...