154w ago - The Managing Director of Guerrilla Games, Hermen Hulst has presented today the first gameplay trailer from Killzone 3 for the PS3, made completely of in-game footage.
To quote: Today we're proud to present the first gameplay trailer for Killzone 3. What you are about to see is a trailer made completely out of in-game footage, taken from the game's fourth mission, called "Frozen Shores."
Killzone 3 will take you to dangerous new corners of the Helghast home planet, and reveal that its environments are far more diverse than ISA Command had previously believed.
In addition to the larger and more varied environments, Killzone 3 also introduces a brutal melee system and plenty of awesome new battle gear, including the Helghast jetpack and the WASP missile launcher demonstrated in the trailer.
Enjoy the new gameplay trailer, and please let us know what you think in the comments!
154w ago - Head of Production Ben Creasey is celebrating VidZone's first birthday on Sony's PS3 entertainment system today with a fresh update and more, as follows:
That's right, Vidzone on PS3 is 1... Can you believe it... we can't. It seems like just yesterday that I got roped into writing the post to announce the service to you, now 1 year and 42 posts later here we are.
Of course we wouldn't still be here without you so a HUGE thank you to everyone that continues to use the service and I sincerely hope to see you back here in a year's time when the service is another year older and even better than it is now. To celebrate we have a... Happy Birthday VidZone Playlist
Featuring a mix of both our and your favourite videos of the past year. It's our birthday and we are giving you the present... it's ok... We think it's better to give than receive... although if you have any presents you want to send... we will happily accept See who in the office chose what below:
• Adrian Workman - CEO - Mark Knight - Downpipe
• Louisa Jackson - VidZone for PS3 Chief Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
• Me - Head of Production - Tesla Boy - Electric Lady
• Alex Jakubczyk - Playstation Content Manager - Two Door Cinema Club - Undercover Marytn
154w ago - Today the iPhone 4 has officially been unveiled by Steve Jobs at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco, California.
Details are still coming in, but below are some highlights for the 4th generation iPhone thus far, to quote:
• It's real: the iPhone 4 (the official name) is as expected, with a new case design.
• The new phone has the thinner, squared-off design we've seen in the leaked photos of the device, redesigned buttons, a front-facing camera, a flash on the rear camera, a secondary microphone for noise cancellation, and improved antennas integrated right into the design. 26% thinner than the iPhone 3GS: The thinnest smartphone ever, according to Jobs.
• As rumored, 960 x 640 pixels of resolution on the 3.5-inch display. That's unheard of on a cell phone and actually approaches what most smaller laptops have. 78% of the pixels that the iPad has.
• iPhone is now powered by Apple's A4 chip. Battery is bigger, and Jobs promises 40% more talk time than before (great news). 32GB of storage standard (no upgrade vs. the 3GS). And support for 7.2Mbps networks... once AT&T supports it.
• Internal accelerometer features are also upgraded to add a gyroscope to the mix. It's a little wonky, but now the phone will...
154w ago - Just before the weekend we saw the first Killzone 3 PS3 Trailer, and today Korean site RuliWeb.com (linked above) has made available a Killzone 3 PlayStation 3 Jetpack Helghast introduction video.
Uploaded by dinsurya to YouTube, the video trailer's caption simply reads as follows: Guerilla Games' Herman Hulst demonstrates Killzone 3's Jetpack Helghast in-game.
To quote from the site, roughly translated: "Tokyo, Japan, conducted in the past four days Killzone 3 of the experience, taken in 20 seconds with a short cam video of a co-founder and managing director of Guerrilla Games Herman directly demonstrated Mr. Hirst is the world's first public appearance jetpack Abba practical is the video.
Killzone 3 is in development since Killzone 2's completion, the development began in January last year, while improving significantly the existing engine textures, loading of games, music streaming was significantly improved.
Released in 2011 with the aim to smooth the development process, and some more details on upcoming E3 2010 is expected to unveil a practical video."