296w ago - Today xorloser let us know he has updated his tool (with PS3 support!) which can edit ARK/HDR files found in games including Guitar Hero 1, Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 80s, Rockband, and Karaoke Revolution... Guitar Hero 3 uses a different format, so it is currently not supported.
Both the tool and source code will work with those titles for any system including PS3, PS2, X-Box 360, and X-Box. Note: In order to use this via PS3, you must have a Debug PS3 for the time being as there is no public way to run PS3 back-ups via retail consoles.
You can now replace a short song with a longer song (ie replace a small file with a bigger file). Previously, no tools existed which allowed this kind of editing, and you could only make custom songs by replacing the existing songs with new songs that are the same size or smaller.
This meant that you were limited to custom songs that would fit size-wise into the existing songs in the game. By using this sourcecode or tool this is no longer a problem.
* fixes an error that occured when you replace an existing encrypted file with a larger file and then save it.
297w ago - According to the Dutch PSOnly Web site linked above, the DualShock 3 controller will be released in Europe on May 2nd.
The site points to a reliable source giving them the news, but of course nothing specific is mentioned about the source.
To quote via rough Babelfish translation: Gaming Only have learned from reliable sources that the DualShock 3 on 2 May must stretch in European. The DualShock 3 controller will contain, just like the DualShock and DualShock 2, rumble. Moreover the DualShock contain 3 also the trusted Sixaxis sensor.
What the DualShock 3 here will cost, is to have unfortunately not yet confessed. The controller already as from November 2007 in the Japanese shops, and as from April also in America will be available.
298w ago - Weltall has updated his popular Universal Cheat Device for PSP today to v0.2.2 Rev A.
To quote: "Here it is a new version of CWCheat: v0.2.2 Rev A. I did this primarily because of the request of a new code type which was required for some new games like God of War. This new pointer code type allows you to go trough various levels of pointers till the interested area."
As always, the changelog details and download are below:
- [ALL] fixed a bug in the difference search which could lead to an evaluation error making the difference function unusable in the case that the game allocates more than entire user ram - 50kbs
- [ALL] Removed allocation of user ram for the difference search. This should increase compatibility with never games and reduced the plugin size of about 200 bytes.
- [ALL] Various optimizations in the controller management in the menus, additionally some menus now auto repeat just like most. This alloved to reduce the size of the plugin of 632 bytes
- [GAME] Added multilevel pointer codes. This will allow you to track a point in ram by going trough a series of pointer like those seen in god of war.
- [GAME] some...