139w ago - Today Spanish PS3 developer Hermes at Elotrolado.net (linked above) has shared a modified payload version of PSGroove, which allows users to run PS3 backups without requiring a disc in the PlayStation 3 drive.
To quote, roughly translated: Taking advantage that I have my AT90USBKEY, I used the disassembly of the payload (made by me), the descriptions in ps3wiki.lan.st and part of AerialX source, with the following objective:
1) Have a damn once the source of the exploit, with amendments, etc, enough is enough for us to pass an array and pulling miles.
2) I used to make some changes, with a very interesting result.
The first thing to tell, is that the payload is loaded into a memory area (700 000) and ends up turning part of your code into an area that is too full. Just add four things we can and in fact, for my change I had to relocate a table with patches (do not think you are having problems in the position you are).
The second is that I managed to enable loading of backups with the amendment introduced AerialX by his side, in order to launch applications from a flash drive (HDD) attached on / dev_usb000 (of the four ports, which...
140w ago - Another day and another PS JailBreak PS3 modchip clones surfaces, with today's being labeled as USBBreak.
Those interested can check out their USBBreak User Manual PDF, and below are the PS3 modchip's features from the official site linked above.
USBBreak PS3 ModChip Features:
USBBreak, a revolutionary PS3 break dongle is available now! It perfectly breaks PS3 barriers and brings you a brand new PS3 game experience.
• Upgradeable hardware firmware thoroughly!
• Reading speed will be 2 times faster and it makes users to play more smoothly.
• Games can be copied and saved to internal or external hard disk, in this way, the expensive blue-ray driver and disc can be abandoned.
• Plug & play USB port, the installation will be finished in a few seconds.
• Homebrew software is supported.
• Simple and clear illustrations will guide you to install step by step.
• USBbreak is compatible with all fat and slim model.
140w ago - As if there wasn't enough PS JailBreak clones already, the EcliPS3 PS JailBreak clone PS3 modchip has surfaced today.
The official site (linked above) currently only offers minimal details and an EcliPS3 Manual on the PlayStation 3 USB device, as follows:
EcliPS3 PS3 ModChip Features:
• USB Plug & Play (easy to install)
• No need to open your console
• Supports firmware version 3.41 (and previous ones)
• GUI (Graphical User Interface)
• Compatible with FAT and SLIM PS3
• Supports every PS3 region (USA, JAP, PAL and KOR)
• Disables automatic updates on the PS3
• Execute backups to the internal PS3 HD or even to an external USB HD
• Execute backups in 2x, the same speed as the PS3 Blu-ray
• 100% updatable via PC