271w ago - D3Publisher has announced plans to offer a downloadable PS3 version of Puzzle Quest.
The game will come bundled with the Plague Lord expansion this winter. No price has been mentioned, although we'd guess at around 10 pounds it feels right.
There's little more we can say about Puzzle Quest other than "buy it"; the game has appeared on just about every other system since the DS and PSP originals caused a riot in 2007.
Puzzle Quest is a blend of Bejeweled and an RPG; there's a fantasy tale to unravel, but monsters and baddies met along the way must be defeated in head-to-head puzzles. Those battles are spiced up with the arrival of abilities and spells as players progress.
271w ago - Hudson Entertainment, the North American publishing arm for Hudson Soft, today announced that they are releasing Bomberman Ultra, an all-new Bomberman for digital download on the PlayStation Network this winter.
Press Release: Bomberman To Debut On The PlayStation Network With Bomberman Ultra
Hudson's Award-Winning Series Returns With 8-Person Online Multiplayer Battles
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND, BOMBERMAN TO DEBUT ON THE PLAYSTATION¬®NETWORK WITH BOMBERMAN ULTRA
Hudson Entertainment's Award-Winning Series Returns With 8-Person Online Multiplayer Battles For PLAYSTATION¬®3 Computer Entertainment System Gamers this Winter
REDWOOD CITY, CA - October 1, 2008 - Hudson Entertainment, the North American publishing arm for Hudson Soft, today announced that they are releasing Bomberman Ultra, an all-new Bomberman for digital download on the PLAYSTATION¬®Network this winter. Retaining classic gameplay elements combined with 8-person online multiplayer, full character customization and gorgeous high-definition graphics, Bomberman Ultra is slated to launch worldwide this winter.
"The Bomberman series is one of the most popular brands in the history of Hudson Entertainment," said Sabine Duvall, Vice President of Product Development at Hudson Entertainment. "Bringing...
271w ago - Pandemic have announced that they will release the "Total Payback" update for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames on October 13th for Xbox Live and on October 20th for the PlayStation Network.
This update will allow players to create even more chaos in the streets and hills of Venezuela, offering: cheats, SIX new playable characters, cross-region Co-Op multiplayer SUPPORT.
Pandemic have also announced that they will Pandemic will release the first Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Downloadable Content (DLC) in November.
Press Release: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Payback Update Announced
The update hits Xbox Live on October 13 and the PlayStation Network on October 20.
Pandemic Studios will release the "Total Payback" update for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames on October 13th for Xbox Live and on October 20th for the PlayStation Network. This update will allow players to create even more chaos in the streets and hills of Venezuela, offering:
• Cheats - Unlock the total-payback power of all weapons, vehicles and airstrikes in Mercenaries 2, as well as everyone's favorite: Infinite Ammo and Infinite Health
• SIX New playable characters - From Blanco to Fiona, Ewan, Eva and more
• Cross-region Co-Op multiplayer SUPPORT - Tear through Venezuela...
271w ago - First it was Japanese RPG Angel Love Online, and today another graces PSN... namely the Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata demo (660MB).
Rykomatsu of PS3Forums (linked above) has offered some tips on how to play the game as follows:
No major dialogue so don't really need to know Japanese to play
Things to note, to make playing easier:
- Special Attack (triangle) changes based on whether you're standing in the light or shadow
- From the map, if you press triangle, you go into menu setup. Leftmost icon is items you have, second icon from left is your item bag in which you stuff items into to use during battle. Square in battle activates the items, which can be scrolled through using R1/R2
- At start of turn, you have unlimited time to plan what to do. Once you move the character at all, timer starts and you can attack/heal until your time runs out.
- Guard timing (X) is VERY short... when you see the word CHANCE pop up on your char while the enemy is attacking, you press X. It's VERY short so be careful. Enemies seem to do way more damage now than on the 360 version.
272w ago - SCEA has announced that they are expanding the availability of the PlayStation Network cards. As of October, the cards will be available from popular retailers such as Walmart, Best Buy, and select Sam's Club outlets.
To quote: Today, Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced they're "expanding the availability of the popular PlayStation Network Cards to additional major retailers nationwide this holiday season."
The cards allow you to bypass the Need for a credit card; you simply purchase the Network Card at the retailer (sure, use cash), bring it home, then dump the money into your virtual wallet for the Store.
And starting in October, these Cards will be available at Walmart, Best Buy, and select Sam's Club outlets. Sony will add Barnes & Noble College Bookstores in November, which should come as good news to all you university students out there.