- While obviously the PS3 is the most expensive console on the market, Sony would like to remind consumers that it provides "the most features and functionality out of the box".
We just received this e-mail from them, comparing the price of the PS3 to the Wii and 360, upgraded to meet the PS3's standards:
The 2008 holiday season was an exciting time for video gaming and the Blu-ray side of the interactive entertainment industry, and 2009 promises to follow suit.
As consumers continue to invest in their entertainment needs this new year, the feature sets of the three multi-functional gaming systems - PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360 and Wii - become that much more important to consider.
PLAYSTATION 3 has always been about streamlining the gaming and entertainment experience by giving consumers the most features and functionality out of the box, there is no immediate need to upgrade anything to get a rich entertainment experience, as the console comes standard with:
- Built in Blu-ray drive for HD movies and mind-blowing games
- Built in Wi-Fi for wireless gaming and Internet access
- Huge hard drives for storing games, movies, music photos and more
- Free online gaming and entertainment access through PSN
- Ten year's of value with a future-proof system...