181w ago - Today Nintendo has released Wii System Menu version 4.3, which like past updates isn't homebrew friendly, and so Waninkoko has released a new Firmware Updater to allow users to update their Wii consoles without jeopardizing homebrew channel applications.
Below are the changes Wii System Menu v4.3 introduces:
• Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
• Now uses IOS80.
• IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deleted.
• Fixed Bannerbomb less stupidly this time.
• Added IOS58.
• HackMii Installer Userland+Syscall IOS exploit removed
• ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature (Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)
Those who didn't use Waninkoko's application above may encounter "Wii Error:004". According to Nintendo, this error code indicates the system is attempting to load unauthorized software....
182w ago - Below is a report from the Nintendo Wii E3 2010 press conference, which unfortunately debunked the rumor of a Wii HiFi HD console announcement.
The first game "Zelda: Skyward Sword" was shown with huge technical difficulties (video below). The wireless controllers were not being received by the Wii and the presentation was cut a bit shorter than planned.
Then a new Mario game was announced called "Mario Sports Mix" which features Mario, and all of the characters we associate with him, playing games like basketball, Hockey, Dodgeball, and volleyball.
Then Nintendo introduced Wii party. Wii party allows families to play each other using their own personal Miis created by them.
After that a game by Ubisoft called "Just Dance 2" made its announced comeback to the Wii. Then a game which no one had heard about since E3 2009 was announced with gameplay and that is "Golden Sun Dark Dawn".
A huge announcement came when Nintendo showed an actual group of gamers being asked about a game which had not been mentioned yet.
That game, after the group said it invented multiplayer was revealed and it is "James Bond Goldeneye". It will be released this holiday season...
182w ago - According to French site Gameblog.fr (linked above), Nintendo is planning to announce the previously rumored Wii 2 which is codenamed Wii HiFi at E3 2010 next week.
To quote from the site, roughly translated: "But beware, according to our information from developers, the 3DS should not be the only machine unveiled by Nintendo.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the manufacturer would conclude his lecture by unveiling its next home console, named Wii is currently code HiFi!
We learn in the aftermath the next home console from Big N would be calibrated for release in November 2011.
• It would have a power similar to that of an Xbox 360
• It should not be called "Wii 2", but Wii HiFi (in any case the code name leaked)
• It would be very oriented online
• One of the main features is the community
• It would be released in November 2011"
• Improved cheats support allowing files with 4 chars ID for WiiWare and other things
• WDM file support (put it in folder sd:/ codes or usb:/ codes). You can use 3, 4 or 6 chars for the ID
• Added self-selection using 4 chars on the covers id for Wiiware and removed WiiWare title display when adding a PNG file as icon
Version 5.0 'Good Bye' (needs cIOS 222-223 v4 (from 3.0) at least. New v5.0 versions (IOS 37,38, 57 y 60 no merged). Use the cIOS installer included.
It support NAND emulation for saves, DLC, Wiiware/VC and others news things.
Thanks to ookheldaroo by uLoader icon
1) Copy "apps" folder to your SD
2) Launch cIOS 222 Installer aplicaction. Remenber you it is a different version to use with uLoader. You have the possibility to install cIOS 202 (homebrew), cIOS 222 (uloader) and cIOS 223 (uLoader...
193w ago - Earlier today we saw a fresh Metroid: Other M video, and now Nintendo has made available a new Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii trailer.
The video comes courtesy of cortjezter via YouTube, and is meant to coincide with a recent play session at Nintendo's office, which reveals footage of the new Rock Mario power-up, a "Light Yoshi" power-up, and some new levels.
Gameplay will be similar to the first Super Mario Galaxy, with a focus on platforming based on and around 3D planets with varying sizes and landscapes. The protagonist Mario will be able to ride the bipedal dinosaur Yoshi, who can use his tongue to swing across gaps, as well as eat different fruits that give him different powers, such as speed boosts, the ability to inflate like a balloon, or reveal secret paths.
While the player retains the ability to collect Star Bits with the blue Star Pointer from the first game, the Star Pointer is replaced by a red dot when riding Yoshi, which allows the player to aim and control his tongue. This can be used for swinging off objects, pulling levers or, like in previous games, swallowing enemies and spitting them out.
Old mechanics will be returning from Super Mario Galaxy, such...