184w ago - Today Sony's Home Community Manager CydoniaX revealed that PlayStation Home is being updated to version 1.36 and has detailed the patch notes, as follows:
Just a reminder that Home will be down starting at 2amPST/5am EST tonight, Tuesday, June 1st, 2010, and will be down for a short time. In the meantime, here are the Patch Notes for te 1.36 update.
Patch Notes Improvements:
• We have reduced the time Home takes to start up. After installing and loading the patch for the first time, subsequent loads will be significantly quicker from then on.
• We've also improved the 3D audio positioning for stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
• Fixed a bug that could cause large files to be improperly cached.
• Fixed a bug that would prevent you from changing the size of the cache under certain circumstances.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when taking photographs.
201w ago - Fixstars CodecSys CE-10 H.264 software encoder for PS3 was updated to v18.104.22.168 last month, which offers stunning H.264 encoding speeds for home users.
The previous update was quite some time ago, and the following features are now included in the latest version for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system:
CodecSys Version 22.214.171.124 Features:
Improved Picture Quality • Added support for Open GOP.
• Improved rate control method.
New Features • Added support for custom matrix setting.
• A different matrix can be applied per frame.
• FLAT16 and JVT will be selectable as preset.
• Revised the encode setting dialog.
• Optimized speed of color matrix conversion.
• Changed the communication module to native code.
To quote: For those interested, here's a build of Open Remote Play running on the N900.
Just follow the instructions... I didn't bother creating a .deb, so just scp those files somewhere on your N900 (like /opt/orp) and run /opt/orp/orpui directly through xterm or using ssh.
It works, but it seems that the rendering with the SDL is extremely CPU hungry so it's slower than bearable, not usable at all actually... The UI also needs some work. I had to disable the bitrate setting in the profile edition page, because it didn't fit in the resolution of the screen, and there was no scrollbar, so it was impossible to save the ip address of the ps3.
The input key bindings also need to be changed since they refer to non existing keys on the N900 keyboard (F1/F2/F3/F4/Escape/etc..). I tried to take a screencast, but it didn't work...