287w ago - The past five and a bit months have been hard on fans eagerly awaiting news and developments regarding Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy Versus 13. News has been few and far between, and not to mention in desperate need of deciphering. Here is the wrap on all the game-related information from 2008 so far.
January - January saw the brunt of the news in regards to Final Fantasy 13 and Versus 13, starting out with a landslide of magazine scans out of Japan. Although most were just images and not much information was squeezed out of them, a few translations of Famitsu and Dengeki (Japanese Magazines) articles revealed a few note worthy tidbits about the games.
Furthermore, one particular statement by Final Fantasy 13 character designer and Final Fantasy Versus 13 director, Tetsuya Nomura. This is the translation of his infamous statement:
"2008 will be the year. There will be tons of news bits, info on characters and summons, and an unexpected connection between the keywords Cocoon and Farushi."
We'll get to that further on, but first, game related information. Square Enix is planning on getting a demo out to the public, although not specifying any particular region. The demo is planned mainly to showcase the new and very different battle system of Final Fantasy 13. The theme of the...
287w ago - The latest issue of Game Informer (July 2008) has a cover story for Sucker Punch's inFAMOUS. We haven't heard about this title since last year's E3, in which it wow'ed the crowd. Lets take a look at the breakdown.
• "inFAMOUS begins with a serene, panoramic skyview view of EMpire City on the title screen, with the words "press start flashing". ..once you push start, a massive explosion rips through the heart of the city. Six city blocks are consumed by flame...in the center, a man named Dylan staggers to his feet."
• Dylan doesn't know how he got his powers and starts out apathetic. He then becomes invest in the city...or you can choose not to be at all.
• Dylan can run up rooftops, scrambles across building archtecture, and can seek cover in unlikely nooks and crannies.
• Sucker Punch striving for simple controls to do not so simple things.
• Empire City has 3 islands.
• After the explosion, the city falls into chaos. A plague makes the govt. quarentine the city. Gangs are formed.
• Dylan's abilities evolve throughout the game.
• One fight saw Dylan and his friend Zeke against a bunch of guard. A couple of choices include zapping the mobs and flinging them off the bridge, or using your electricity on the environment...
287w ago - NeoCrisis Staff Member Ryan was able to get a few details about God of War 3 as follows:
The graphics will be insane! It will feel like the game is real, or well really happening. The graphics will go well with the gameplay, the grapics wont take the attention away from the action. One word... amazing.
The gameplay will be like no other God of War game. I heard that it will have a new fighting system. I've also heard of a free roam option in a few places but it's not confirmed, in other words if they run out of money, no free roam.
It will have a new storyline, whole new missions. Might have about 5 or 6 parts (depends on the storyline) and each part will have 5 acts (like Gears of War 2). They might allow you to play as multiple main characters. Unlike the other God of War games the final boss/bosses will be way harder if the storyline is easy.
They might allow you to cuztomize your chracter and create custom weapons. They might have the basic team deathmatch and other game modes. Really fun!
Great online help (Staff, administration etc.)
287w ago - The stats database has been reinforced and you should now see the correct stats both in-game and on the Web site.
A very small amount of players might experience some freezes when logging in. Please report this on the following thread and we will take care of it as soon as possible.
Please note that you only receive an unlock on Rank 1, 2, and 4, for a total of 3 unlocks.
We will continue working around the clock to improve your experience even further. This Tuesday we're rolling out an update during the regular maintenance to secure the integrity of your stats.
We've noticed that EU players sometimes end up on North American east coast servers and vice versa. During the maintenance the ping servers will be tuned in order to make sure you end up on the server with lowest ping.
We've increased the number of servers to cater for an amazing 50,000 players. In a couple of hours time we need to restart all servers to prepare for this and to decrease the lag and improve the experience on X360.
RESTART WILL OCCUR AT 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 01:00 CEST.