105w ago - Sony Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home update patch version 1.60 will be arriving this Thursday with details below, as follows:
This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces!
Here's a look at what's coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
How to Apply the v1.60 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (v1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the v1.60 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Furniture Placement Limit
• We have doubled the furniture placement limit in personal spaces and clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
• Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
• 100 standard furniture items or...
• 78 standard furniture items...
110w ago - Following up on their previous update, today PlayStation Home Community Manager Locust_Star has confirmed that the PlayStation Home Redesign wil be coming this Thursday!
To quote: The next stage of PlayStation Home's evolution will arrive on your PS3 this Thursday, November 3rd.
This enormous update integrates games, quests, community events and user-generated content, while providing players with additional navigation, shopping, socialization, and entertainment options.
This massive PlayStation Home redesign will launch with a number of new, free-to-play games, including:
• Bootleggers '29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers '29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
• PlayStation Home Hold 'Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand...
110w ago - Sony PlayStation Home Director Jack Buser has unveiled a PlayStation Home redesign tour trailer today, which spotlights new content including games, genre-based districts and more below.
To quote: As you might recall from my previous post, I revealed the big plans we had in store for a complete redesign of PlayStation Home- including a brand new Hub, genre-based districts, Total Game Integration, and a new questing system that turns Home itself into a game.
Now that we're getting close to launch, I thought the best way to show off all the new features we've packed into the upcoming new core experience would be to give you a tour of the redesign. Check out the below video for a rundown on some of the most exciting new features you'll be experiencing soon in PlayStation Home:
As you can see, PlayStation Home's new genre-based districts include a number of diverse and exclusive games that cater to players' different interests and styles.
For example, in the Action District, you'll be able to enjoy the free and exclusive first-person shooter game that runs inside Home itself,...
113w ago - Today PlayStation Home Community Specialist GlassWalls has announced the total integration of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in PlayStation Home with video footage below.
To quote: Calling all Fortune Hunters! This Thursday, October 13th, one of the most celebrated game franchises of all time comes crashing into PlayStation Home.
UNCHARTED 3: Fortune Hunter provides a third-person adventure game experience unlike anything you've ever seen in PlayStation Home, including a partial recreation of the Yemen level from the UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer mode, and a cover-based shooting system complete with weapons and gameplay inspired by the hit UNCHARTED series.
UNCHARTED 3: Fortune Hunter is the latest Total Game Integration event allowing players to unlock exclusive content in UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception directly from PlayStation Home.
Over the course of the next three weeks, players will be pitted against waves of enemies developed from character models straight from UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception. Progress through challenges to unlock special PlayStation Home rewards, such as collectible weapons; complete all 10 challenges to unlock...
115w ago - Sony PlayStation Home Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home patch update 1.55 is hitting PSN this Thursday with numerous updates included below.
To quote: This Thursday, September 29th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.55 delivers a brand new start-up experience, updates to the Wardrobe and Furniture browser, and general enhancements that will result in improved stability and smoother operation.
Here's a look at what's coming as part of PlayStation Home 1.55:
How to Apply the 1.55 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.55 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Improved the layout, design, color scheme and text of the start-up flow.
• The start-up flow will now display a variety of information depending on how recently you last visited PlayStation Home.