282w ago - Roe-ur-boat has released an update to AutoStart PRX, a 4.01 M33 compatible Custom Firmware plug-in that allows users to specify a number of separate homebrew applications to load at launch. Each application can be bind to certain key. When that key is held during bootup, the PSP will automatically load your homebrew.
Now at version 4, users can bypass the autoboot system by leaving WLAN switch on while booting. Other notable changes include support for autoexecuting PSone games at startup and a redesigned configuration interface. As always, the full changelog is available below.
* You can now bypass the autoboot by putting the WLAN switch up.
* You can launch PSX games now too.
* Rewrote the configurator and the configuration file parser. Configurator looks better and is more user friendly. (Thanks to Mc Cabe for * the background)
PRX size decreased thanks to recoding and psp-packer.
* No need to enable the prx for game.txt now.
284w ago - French-based homebrew developer PSPflashsystem has released a new 4.01 M33 compatible Custom Firmware plug-in dubbed PRXUtility++.
Coupled with a simple text menu interface, it allows users to take screenshots from within the XMB and keep tabs on their PSP's system information, such as motherboard type, temperature, and battery charge level.
284w ago - Dark_AleX has issued an update to the 4.01 M33-compatible plug-in, fixing numerous bugs along with adding support for UMD disc titles. Additionally, savestates can now be created on a per-game basis.
Keep in mind that PSPStates is compatible only with Slim units currently, due to increased memory usage.
* Fixed important bug in inter-thread code (semaphore wasn't waiting due to interrupts disabled), that caused the load state to not be completely read in some cases. This caused black screen after state load (unless you just saved that state, in this case state was still in ram), or even worse, game not working properly due to partial load.
* Added states per game basis. The controls are slightly different: old controls now do a local savestate/loadstate of the game, while pressing additionally select button will save/load a global state. See instructions for more info.
* Fixed bug that caused normal sleep mode waking up inmediately.
* UMD discs and isos in normal UMD mode are now supported. However, they require to nullify UMD cache, by flashing one file. For details on this process, refer to the readme file.
284w ago - Dark_AleX has released a new Custom Firmware Plug-In that allows users to save/load savestates of their current progress on PSP titles. Dubbed PSPStates, the plug-in is still in the experimental stage and currently is only compatible with Slim units, due to the increased memory usage.
It is advised to disable any other plug-ins while using PSPStates, as well as backup all data on your memory stick in case of data loss. Additionally, the plug-in is written specifically for 4.01 M33. Savestates created likely will not be interoperable with future Custom Firmware releases.
As a final note, it is highly stressed that you do not use the plug-in with a UMD inserted. Use of the ISO driver March33, which can be selected in the XMB by pressing Select, is recommended.