104w ago - Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells has revealed The Last of Us, exclusively for PS3, at 2011 VGAs today with a PlayStation 3 video trailer below!
To quote: Videos have been flying around all week about a new PS3 exclusive called The Last of Us.
It was revealed at this year's VGAs and we're very excited to confirm that The Last of Us is developed by Naughty Dog Inc, the creators behind the UNCHARTED, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot series.
Neil Druckmann, Creative director and Bruce Straley, Game Director chime in below to divulge what The Last of Us is all about.
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind.
Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
113w ago - Today EvangM of Naughty Dog has announced that the Uncharted 3 / Subway PS3 multi-player update v1.01 is now live with details outlined below.
To quote: Subway/Uncharted MP Patch 1.01 is now live! Changes include the following:
• Fixed a bug which would cause players to stop accumulating cash and items purchased
• Fixed a bug that could cause the player to lock up accessing the Friends list, or when a Friend joined them
• Removed Team Objective and Plunder kills from being tabulated against the Kills/Deaths Leaderboard (all kill/death stats are still kept locally for the player)
• Leaderboards will be completely reset soon to coincide with the above change
• Microphone icon will now appear in the Multiplayer lobby to indicate who is using a mic
• Fixed a bug in which switched control schemes were not being saved properly
• Players will no longer able to join a party that is in the Find Game function or actively in a game (was causing various issues with players not being pulled into games properly)
• European and American players will be re-integrated into the same play lists with this patch
128w ago - Naughty Dog Community Strategist Arne Meyer is here with all the details on the Uncharted 3 PS3 Multiplayer Beta today, as follows:
With the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta launching TODAY, Tuesday, June 28, we want to make everyone has full details!
We've compiled a handy little UPDATED list of Frequently Asked Questions below. If you've got any other questions, let us know in the comments and we'll answer what we can!
When can I start playing?
Tuesday, June 28, for all inFAMOUS 2 and current PlayStation Plus members, who all get early access to the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta.
If you're not an owner of inFAMOUS 2 or a current PlayStation Plus member, we're opening the floodgates to the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta for EVERYONE on Tuesday, July 5.
What time EXACTLY can I start playing?
When the PlayStation Store updates today. While we can't guarantee an exact time the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta will likely start propagating on the PSN Stores around the world at around 2:00 PM PDT (what time is that in my city?).
It may not be available right at that time, as there...