287w ago - First came Yoda, and with him, Darth Vader. And though both would take to the field of battle in Soulcalibur IV, they would do so across seperate planes of existence, perhaps seperate timelines, wherein one small shift lead to the appearance of one on the PS3, and the other on the Xbox 360.
But now, there is another.
Such came the proclamation from Namco-Bandai earlier today, as they revealed that the Jedi Master and the Sith Lord would not be the only ones engaged in lightsaber combat and wielding Force powers on the stage of history. Both versions of the anticipated weapon-combat fighting game will include some new blood, in the form of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.
The Secret Apprentice will appear straight from LucasArts' upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed title, which takes place between Episodes III and IV, wherein Vader trains his own understudy in secret, carrying out Vader's orders while working to not expose his existance.
This will mark the first time since the poorly-received Masters of Teras Kasi that the Star Wars franchise will have been privy to one-on-one lightsaber combat in a true fighting game sense. SCIV will arrive on its respective consoles on July 29th, while Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be available for all consoles come September 16th,...
294w ago - A new, downloadable update for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online is now available for download via the PlayStation Store, Namco Bandai announced today.
In addition to addressing a number of bugs, the update adds a host of all-new features, notably including full support for Dual Shock 3 rumble controllers and a Pickup Match Mode which allows players to continuously face off in one-on-one matches.
A detailed list of the changes included in the update can be found below.
* Pickup Match Mode - For those who want to skip the waiting room, players can now continuously face off in one-on-one matches
* DUALSHOCKÂ®3 rumble support - Feel the impact of each blow and attack
* Room name display - Allows users to input and display names for online rooms
* "Flag" search - A network filter that enables users to better select opponents with optimal connection speeds
* New notifications - Let's waiting players know when it's their turn to fight or inform them when others have entered or left the room
* More casual matches - When Rank Match is set to Off, match results no longer affect Win/Loss record.