202w ago - A few weeks ago the Heavy Rain front boxart was released, and today GameStop has made available the back boxart which reveals a mandatory 4.2GB PS3 HDD installation.
For those curious, Sony has also confirmed that they will offer a Heavy Rain alternate PS3 box art print out on launch.
To quote from JustPushStart.com (linked above): "You might want to save an extra 4.2GB of space in your hard drive as the game will REQUIRE (as the game boxart suggests) you to install the game's data in order to proceed.
It sure is a lot of space but as you are waiting for the data to install in your hard drive, there will be a guide showing you on how to make a Swan Origami (as featured in the game) while you're waiting for the game to install."
Heavy Rain pre-orders are now available for $59.99 and the PlayStation 3 title is scheduled to ship on February 23, 2010.
To quote: "That "PS3" logo startup is on 3.00 regardless if you have a slim or phat PS3. verified phat PS3s use new "PS3" logo as on slims."
PS3 Firmware 3.0 Changelog:
• Multi-Audio - Audio can now be output to multiple connectors simultaneously. You can set this option under [Settings] > [Sound Settings] > [Audio Multi Output].
• Video Content Playback - During Video content playback, you can now use the right stick to play content in slow playback, fast reverse, and fast forward.
• Settings Descriptions - Now below each setting option under...
228w ago - Today Atlus' Manager of Public Relations and Sales Aram Jabbari has announced that Demon's Souls pre-order PS3 bonus has expanded, and now includes a full soundtrack.
To quote: As you may already know, we're offering fans who pre-order either version of the game (Standard or Deluxe, at participating retailers only) a full-color, 40-page art book featuring sketches, designs, and renders that wonderfully show off the game's gritty medieval aesthetic.
On its own, this is a pretty nice bonus (says the publisher offering it), considering it is being thrown in at no additional cost to the customer, but we've recently decided to take things a step further.
In addition to the art book, fans who pre-order will now ALSO receive the game's FULL soundtrack CD. That's right, we're going to throw 24 tracks (about 71 minutes) of music into the pre-order bonus as well. And if you've ever heard the game in action, you likely know that the music is haunting, atmospheric, sweeping, and orchestral.
Don't worry, people who have already pre-ordered: the music disc is secured on the back inside cover of the art book, so you won't miss out!
So, whether you reserve (at participating retailers) the Standard edition of the game, which would net you the game, art...
229w ago - A special Collector's Edition of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 from Tecmo will be available exclusively at GameStop retailers nationwide and Canada.
The Collector's Edition includes an 80-page book featuring, to quote:
• A 30-page Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 prologue comic written and designed by Team NINJA
• Mini-Strategy Guide: A starter guide covering Ryu, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel's weapons, ninpos, Story Mode basics, Team Missions and more
• Art Gallery: A peek at various character concept artwork
• Commentary from Team NINJA producer Yosuke Hayashi and the team's lead artists
In addition, consumers who pre-order Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 at GameStop will receive an exclusive downloadable costume available through the PlayStation Network.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is rated "M" (Mature - Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Suggestive Themes, and Violence) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB).