219w ago - Comex released today BannerBomb v2 for the Wii System Menu 4.2. From what I have read, it works great on 4.2 E/U Firmware. But give a try for yourself and let us know your experience with it.
To quote: I can't get enough of a sample size on IRC, maybe he can help. This version is for 4.2 only, any region. I'm have absolutely no idea how consistently it will work, but I'd appreciate if you'd test it whether or not you already have homebrew.
Actually, they didn't even try to fix the actual exploit. The only change was that the size of banners in saved channels is now limited to 100 kilobytes. After several months, that's their "fix".
Still, it means that the 400kish nop sled in bannerbomb can't fit anymore; I think the SD menu is somewhat more reliable than data management with respect to memory addresses, but not sure yet.
For this version, instead of Data Management, you must use the SD menu.
229w ago - Sega just released a new walkthrough trailer video from their upcoming espionage RPG title Alpha Protocol.
Alpha Protocol is a third-person action role-playing game, developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Sega. The release date is currently slated for October 6, 2009 on PlayStation 3, XBox 360 and Microsoft Windows.
The game revolves around the adventures of rookie CIA field agent Michael Thorton. After a mission goes awry, he is cut off from all of his contacts and betrayed by his superiors and is being hunted by the United States government.
In response, Michael uses the "Alpha Protocol", though it is normally reserved for more senior agents, and begins to operate undercover, to uncover the conspiracy.
240w ago - Go to the official site (linked above) if you would like to help test it.
To quote: Compatible (in theory) with 3.x-4.0
1. Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.
2. Download aad1f_v102.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
3. Get a DOL or ELF and put it on the SD as /boot.dol or /boot.elf.
4. Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load /boot.dol? or freeze.
5. If it pops up a dialog, then fill out the survey.
6. If it freezes, follow these diagnostics:
• Did you use the SD menu (4.0) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb.
• Otherwise, try a different version. The system menu is somewhat unpredictable; while most people should be able to use version I don't know yet, some might need another version.
247w ago - For indie developer Paleo Entertainment, it seemed that the launch of Merchants of Brooklyn, the studio's debut effort, was going about as poorly as it could be.
Immediately after the title hit Steam yesterday, many users were reporting serious issues with the CryENGINE 2-powered PC shooter.
To quote: Unacceptable sound quality, terrible framerates, deleted saves and a bug that entirely eliminated the HUD were among the various complaints.
"It's not a game," wrote one angry Steam user, not knowing how close he was to the truth. "It's just a joke." Now it appears that those bugs can be attributed to one massive rookie mistake.
"We are fully aware of the problems that occurred with the initial release of M.O.B.," wrote Paleo Entertainment on their official forums. "Unfortunately, the incorrect version went up on Steam. The Alpha version was released initially, this has been corrected."
Paleo adds: "Please log in/log out of Steam to receive the correct version of M.O.B. We will be patching this game periodically to correct any issues that arise, as well as new and exciting features and multiplayer...