190w ago - Capcom's Product Marketing Manager John Diamonon has revealed a brand new PS3 trailer video today for the upcoming title Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
Although details are scarce at the moment, it is confirmed to be hitting Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system in Spring, 2011.
Here's what we know so far:
• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
• Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
• 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character's special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
• Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a "moving comic" style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
190w ago - Today Community Senior Manager Seth Killian has announced news of a Super Street Fighter IV event this Friday hosted by Sony in conjunction with Capcom.
To quote: For those who don't know, we call these things "Fight Clubs" and the concept is pretty simple.
We find an underground location (sometimes literally underground, sometimes just an abandoned warehouse, sometimes a sneaker shop, but you get the idea), and drop a bunch of Street Fighter games in there, then let people throw down in arcade-style, face-to-face combat.
We spice it up with some totally exclusive shirt giveaways, exclusive artwork and giftbags, and maybe... just maybe, some extra epic events.
The party is going down this Friday, April 23rd, from 8pm to midnight, in Los Angeles, CA (in the Silver Lake neighborhood).
We'll post the exact address on Thursday, so stay tuned, but here's a little taste...
191w ago - Capcom's PR Specialist Jason Allen has revealed today to fans that Final Fight: Double Impact will be coming to PSN this week.
To quote: Capcom's ready to unleash the next masterpiece in its retro digital dynasty. Make way for Final Fight: Double Impact, hitting PlayStation Network with a vintage vengeance!
Starting tomorrow, April 15th, fans can own two incredible Capcom classic releases – Final Fight and Magic Sword – all for the price of one ($9.99).
In Final Fight, players follow the heart-pounding adventures of Cody, Guy, and Haggar – three heroes fighting their way across crime-ridden Metro City in hopes of saving Haggar's daughter from the evil clutches of Mad Gear. In Magic Sword, users will take on the role of a brave warrior and his eight allies, all bearing the daunting responsibility of cleansing evil forces from an ancient tower.
These two games take us back to a time when arcades were sanctuaries of youthful bliss. They are un-self-conscious treasures, clear in their pursuit to inflame the imagination and turn players into brawling action heroes. At Capcom, we've sought to reacquaint our fans with this experience...
199w ago - Today Capcom's John Diamonon has revealed that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is now 50% off on PSN, and announced news of a PS3 comment contest on the PlayStation Blog.
To quote: I'm glad to finally make my return to the PS.Blog, bearing Capcom gifts and good news. It's been too long my friends.
But before we get to another infamous comment contest, I have something cool to announce. Starting tomorrow (2/18), we will be discounting some of our popular PSN downloadable games by 50%. That's right. Five weeks. One game a week. Fifty percent off!
Here's the sale schedule:
• February 18, 2010 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for only $7.49!
• February 25, 2010 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $7.49!
• March 4, 2010 - Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $4.99!
• March 11, 2010 - Age of Booty for only $4.99!
• March 18, 2010 - 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!
What a deal huh? You better jump on this because who knows when we'll be able to do this again.
Now back to the contest! Here's the drill: Jeff and Chris assure me that the Blog is now "John D-proof," so that means I can get back to rewarding our most...
204w ago - According to Capcom's VP of strategic planning and business development Christian Svensson, Capcom is working on a hardcore Project Natal game based on an old franchise.
Outside of tech demonstrations and modifications of several existing Xbox 360 games, we haven't seen what Project Natal is capable of.
Microsoft is keeping those games under wraps, however, G4TV caught up with him at CES last week and learned the following, to quote:
"I can't talk about what we're doing on Natal right now yet because we haven't announced it, although we have announced that we're working on stuff," said Svensson, emphasizing his vagueness.
He was willing to tease a little more about one unannounced game, however.
"I think you'll see again a brand focus on what we're doing there [on Natal], perhaps a brand we haven't seen in a while," he said with a coy smile, as Capcom public relations eyeballed us. "That's exciting."
Microsoft announced Project Natal would be released during the holidays at CES, but Svensson made it clear to me that Capcom was not rushing this one out the door to meet that deadline.
"We're not going to be at launch, just to temper the expectations," he said. "We're gonna cook something and it's gonna to take a while to cook."