274w ago - Its been confirmed that the public beta will be open in October this year on PlayStation Network. The six classes available in the beta are:
* Rifleman: The default troop type. Starts wsith a variety of primary and secondary wepaons that include grenades. Bigger guns are unlockable as you progress up the ranks.
* Engineer: Allowed to set up automated turrets as primary ability. Can repair ammunition dumps, mounted guns and turrets damaged from weapons fire.
* Medic: Can revive teammates who have been shot down if they are reached in time. Can throw health packs which can be collected by other players.
* Assault Trooper: The Heavy Weapons class. Has thick armor thus they can take twice as much damage. Has a speedboost as their secondary ability.
* Tactician: The Captain of the group. Allowed to drop colored smoke grenades which serve as spawn points for his team. Can prove essential on the bigger Beta test maps as it can allow for a steady flow of friendly troops to the frontline. Can also call in air support (a sentry bot that flies low to tears into the enemy from above).
* Saboteur: Can assume the look of your opponents in order to infiltrate their camps. Can use sticky proximity-activated C4 charges. Making them lethal as they can...
274w ago - From David Bull (Product Marketing Specialist, SCEA) today:
Hi Everyone! I'm happy to announce the official release date for MotorStorm Pacific Rift is October 28th, 2008.
This time around, the MotorStorm races will take place on a tropical island set amongst the lush jungle, emerald lagoons and towering peaks in the Pacific Ocean. Why is this important? The original MotorStorm introduced us to some fantastic racing through the desert landscape of Monument Valley. Although we delivered some wild tracks and terrain, the desert is the desert. With the topical island setting, players will be able to experience a much broader range of environments and terrain.
As you already know, there are 8 vehicle classes to choose from, including the Monster Truck! For the first time, you and your friends will be able to race head-to-head in the new 4 player split-screen mode for some major racing mayhem. The 16 diverse multi-route tracks (double the amount from the first MotorStorm) feature real-time terrain deformation that ensures no two laps are the same. Did I mention Trophy support is included?
Head on over to GameStop and pre-order your copy today to receive the retailer-exclusive demo for MotorStorm...
274w ago - SCEA has teamed up with leading country music label group and sister company, Sony BMG Nashville, in order to bring country fans the most authentic music experience possible by allowing them to sing along to their favorite artist music videos.
As a result, SingStar Country will be the first title in the franchise to feature artists on the cover, including popular Sony BMG Nashville country stars Brad Paisley, Gretchen Wilson and Alan Jackson. "It's great to be one of the first SingStar Country artists," comments Wilson. "This game lets me reach out to all country fans in a whole new way, not only giving them the chance to hear my music, but also to become a part of it."
Press Release: SINGSTAR¬® COUNTRY TAKES CENTER STAGE ON THE PLAYSTATION¬®2 SYSTEM THIS OCTOBER
New Edition to the Multi-million Selling Global Singing Franchise Features Leading Country Stars Brad Paisley, Gretchen Wilson and Alan Jackson on the Cover
FOSTER CITY, Calif., September 9, 2008 - Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) announced today the North American release of SingStar¬® Country, available exclusively for the PlayStation¬®2 computer entertainment system (PS2™) on October 28.
Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studio's London Studio, SingStar Country...
274w ago - Eastasiasoft today announced further release details of their upcoming video game Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (URL: http://www.soldner-x.com) for the PS3.
The PS3 version contains lots of additional new features not found in the original 2007 PC version release, including audio and visual improvements, updated game play, trophies support and much more.
Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is anticipated to be released on the PLAYSTATION Network in North America in October 2008, with other territories expected to follow shortly after.
From the Press Release: Set in the distant future, the game is a fast and furious shoot 'em up with state-of-the-art graphics, driving soundtrack and classic fun gameplay sprinkled with fresh innovations. In the storyline, planet Earth's resistance aims to stop a deadly infection consuming both life forms and technology alike, oddly having to rely on an antihero mercenary and bounty hunter to pilot a mighty prototype star fighter. His goal: To fight his way to the virus' origin, save civilization and earn cash to boot!
- Visual improvements including y-scrolling, new background animations, newly added effects and more
- Contains new enemies, including newly crafted standard foes and...