- Following up on his previous
update, today Sony PlayStation 3 hacker No_One
has made available some PDF documentation that details how Project PNM PS3 NOR Manager works including schematics, explanations, a bill of materials (BOM), and diagrams.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: Hi mates, Here is the PDF documentation that explains how PNM works from an hardware point of view:
- bill of materials (BOM)
- A virtual SOCKET #3 to access (Read/Write) the PS3 NOR (on motherboard itself) It will give the ability to manage what others flashers around do without removing the embedded NOR.
Realtime tests on a PS3 in differents situations:
- Static switching between 2 firmwares
- Dynamic switching
Tasks finished these last 2 days:
- serial link has been enhanced (speed) to 1Mbit/s
- virtual SOCKET #3 instanciated in the FPGA
- Teraterm macros to help managing DUMP/UPDATE...