228w ago - Sony acknowledged that Fat Princess has been having somewhat of a rocky start, complete with lag and random connection issues.
The problem isn't effecting all users, though its been widespread enough to warrant a response from Sony.
To quote: "We are aware that some customers are experiencing connection issues and are working to address this [as soon as possible]," a Sony representative told G4. "If there are lag issues during a game, there will be a snail image in the lower left corner. It is advised that if this snail appears for more than 30 seconds, the player should try another game."
I've personally put a good number of hours into Fat Princess and have had zero issues with the game – which is actually a change from most PlayStation 3 games. I usually have trouble connecting to any matches on the PlayStation 3, period (used to be NAT 3, changed that, but problem has still persisted).
228w ago - The martial arts fighting/wrestling game UFC 2009: Undisputed has received a patch update for Xbox 360 and European PS3 territories.
A North American PS3 patch is said to be forthcoming. The patch addresses a few exploits and overdue fixes, as detailed in the changelog below:
UFC 2009: Undisputed patch notes:
• Online matches will better support issues with users who leave a match. The game will now detect users who disconnect and will assign a "Loss," as well as a "Did Not Finish (DNF)," to that player. The DNF is only assigned to the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the "Online Ranked Match." When disconnected, the "Winning Streak" is also reset to zero.
• Ranked Matches have been adjusted to match players with better connections.
• The difficulty of performing submissions against computer opponents has been adjusted to improve the balance of submissions vs. striking.
• The Flash Knockouts rate has been adjusted so they are less frequent.
• The maximum number of points awarded in online play has been increased from 99,999 to 999,999. The "Max Level" has also been increased from 100 to 200.
• The "Winning Streak" bonus maximum has been moved from...
228w ago - Electronic Arts has released the last few Command & Conquer games on both PC and consoles, so it's only natural some gamers are scratching their heads over the publisher's continued insistence Command & Conquer 4 will remain a PC exclusive.
Their statements about the PC exclusivity, however, are continuing to leave the company wiggle room. Nothing about EA's responses to fans outright says it's not coming to consoles. To quote:
"C&C 4 is a PC exclusive right now," reads a Twitter response Command & Conquer community manager APOC made in response to a fan asking about a console version.
Slipping "right now" is a popular tactic amongst publishers who want to send a message to fans to not lose hope.
The technology for a console version of Command & Conquer 4 is already in place, and while EA may be saying their latest sequel is remaining a PC exclusive, "right now" may simply signify "hey, we want to spotlight the PC for a while."
228w ago - Although the patch doesn't appear to be available yet in Europe, the Bionic Commando: Rearmed PS3 Trophy patch is now live via PlayStation Network.
Below are some notes on the patch update and trophy list, to quote:
New "Normal" difficulty setting changes:
• When you die, you respawn at the last solid ground or checkpoint
• The level Albatross B was cut
• The ability to reel out the cable when hanging or swinging to its full length
• If the player swings into a wall, they will no longer disconnect and be thrown away from the wall. Instead, they will keep connected and reel in
• Unlimited lives
Super Joe Machine Gun bug fix:
• When upgraded, the weapon also becomes more powerful in addition to the larger clip
• Fixed for all difficulty levels
• Bronze: Meet the annihilation
Kill all foot soldiers and enemy trucks on a Meet With Enemy sequence
• Bronze: The Emperor's New Clothes
Obtain the Shin Guards, the Bulletproof Vest and the Helmet
• Silver: Private Arsenal
Obtain ever weapon and weapon upgrade
• Bronze: Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
Block 100 projectiles...
229w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Sebastian Downie has announced on the PlayStation Blog news that the Killzone 2 Double XP weekend starts now!
To quote: It has been a exciting week at Guerrilla Games with the release of the third DLC map pack "Napalm & Cordite", the release of patch 1.29, the latest update to www.killzone.com, the announcement of the "Map Pack Bundle" and the opening of "Our World" an art exhibition here in the Netherlands based around the visually creative process of making the Killzone 2 universe and those that inhabit it.
So to celebrate all this we have decided to give back to the folks who have supported us through thick and thin since the release of Killzone 2: You. The most attractive and charismatic fans any video-game can have. (Yes, flattery won't get me anywhere) And what better way to thank ones loyal fans than with POINTS!
This weekend from Friday at 17:30 GMT till Monday morning at 09:00, any games created will give extra XP points to let you guys rank up...