270w ago - Killzone 2, the highly anticipated new shooter from Guerilla Games, is currently in its second BETA phase. I contacted Yvonne Von Berg to talk about the possibility of acquiring a BETA key to write an impressions preview.
Her response wasn't what I hoped for, but I found out some important info regarding the third phase of the games BETA testing. Yvonne Says:
"Good Morning Paddy,
The current beta testing phase, is the second of three and is not open to the public; phase three will be a lot more open so please keep an eye on our forums and www.killzone.com for news,
Yvonne Von Berg"
So keep active on Killzone.com and their forums to have a chance at getting into the third phase of the BETA, and hopefully an opportunity to destroy the Helghast menace before the games release in 2009.
More info soon on Killzone 2's trophys and gameplay features as it develops.
271w ago - Recently there were reports of Killzone 2 BETA invites going out to a very limited number of European PlayStation 3 owners, and Play3-Live (among many others) now confirmed they have indeed received their code.
To quote, roughly translated: SCEE started to send a wave of e-mail to several European players. These messages contain codes which make it possible to take part in BETA of Killzone 2!
Do not forget to look at your e-mail box, even in the file "Spam".
Finally, Killzone 2 will leave in February 2009, of exclusiveness on the PlayStation 3.
272w ago - A new Killzone 2 BETA Gameplay video is now available via YouTube courtesy of ps3teamfyre.
In related news, there several people are reporting that invites to the Killzone 2 closed BETA test went out today to a very limited number of European PlayStation 3 owners.
While there were no 'official' sign-ups being made for the Killzone 2 BETA, chances are SCEE is likely selecting users who applied for their BETA test initiative last July.
Needless to say, all details pertaining to the game are under NDA, and those selected are being asked to restrict sharing gameplay impressions only on Sony's European private BETA boards for the time being.
272w ago - Here is the scoop, from their site linked at the top!
StA-14 Battle Rifle Description:
Still in service after fifty years, the StA-14 combines the ruggedness and reliability of the assault rifle with the accuracy and range of the sniper rifle. A symbol for the enduring nature of Helghast military ingenuity, it is considered an honor to wield this classic weapon into battle.
- Fires heavy-grain 7.62x51mm HSO rounds
- Distinct range advantage over StA-52 LAR
- Quicker target acquisition than StA-74 PSR
- Perfect for a defensive role from cover
Designing a Future Classic The accepted classification of weapon types in most present-day military services runs the gamut from pistol, through submachine gun, assault rifle and sniper rifle, to support weapons like the machine gun. But there's an older, lesser-known weapon type that sits between the assault rifle and the sniper rifle. Known as the battle rifle, this saber-toothed forebear of the common assault rifle is much larger, and fires heavier bullets with a bigger charge.
In Killzone 2, the role of the battle rifle was assigned to the StA-14. Intended as a forerunner to other 'Stahl Arms' weapons in the franchise - notably the StA-52 LAR and the brand-new...
274w ago - Its been confirmed that the public beta will be open in October this year on PlayStation Network. The six classes available in the beta are:
* Rifleman: The default troop type. Starts wsith a variety of primary and secondary wepaons that include grenades. Bigger guns are unlockable as you progress up the ranks.
* Engineer: Allowed to set up automated turrets as primary ability. Can repair ammunition dumps, mounted guns and turrets damaged from weapons fire.
* Medic: Can revive teammates who have been shot down if they are reached in time. Can throw health packs which can be collected by other players.
* Assault Trooper: The Heavy Weapons class. Has thick armor thus they can take twice as much damage. Has a speedboost as their secondary ability.
* Tactician: The Captain of the group. Allowed to drop colored smoke grenades which serve as spawn points for his team. Can prove essential on the bigger Beta test maps as it can allow for a steady flow of friendly troops to the frontline. Can also call in air support (a sentry bot that flies low to tears into the enemy from above).
* Saboteur: Can assume the look of your opponents in order to infiltrate their camps. Can use sticky proximity-activated C4 charges. Making them lethal as they can...