321w ago - PLAYSTATION 3 takes home entertainment back to the drawing board. High Definition movies, games and personal music can all be played on the PS3 system and the multimedia features continue to evolve over time, providing amazing entertainment for the future.
321w ago - It seems a new service was announced by Sony called MegaTV, here is a rough translation:
Video upload coming soon and pics can be seen here.
"SCEK and KT introduced the new "Mega TV for PLAYSTATION Â® 3" service. This service was developed by Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) software using a "Broadcasting Engine" based on the enabling technologies. "Broadcasting Engine" is the quality of HD PS3 ™ streaming software that enables playback. The "MegaTV for PLAYSTATION Â® 3" service to the world's first commercialized in the United States.
The Cell / Broadband Engine ™ is used for optimal operation of the power and graphics capabilities, such as the PS3 RSX ™ to take advantage of the excellent performance of the hardware. Full-HD IPTV even responds. Using "MegaTV for PLAYSTATION Â® 3" at the same time to use a Web surfing is also possible, such as top points you can not enjoy the Zone feature enables set-top boxes."
322w ago - An angry PSP Slim owner sends in this rather upsetting photo for those of you with standard definition TVs. If you are planning on picking up a new PSP Slim and want to play games on your SDTV, you may want to rethink your purchase, check the back of your TV or at least decide how badly you really want to play PSP Slim on it. According to the photo, the only way you can do this is to play connected with a D-terminal AV cable or component cables and the content must be output in progressive scan. UMD movies seem to work fine, but games are a no go unless your TV supports progressive scan.
I did a little research and according to the all knowing Internet (which is generally about as reliable as a Magic 8 Ball), only about 20% of homes in the US have HDTVs so you'd think that these companies would try and cater a little more to the other 80%. Of course this opens up all kinds of conspiracy theories about the game companies helping to support the sales of HDTV's and vice-versa. Still, something tells me there are going to be quite a few angry PSP/SDTV owners out there. Why? Because they can be.
322w ago - For the last three years, I've been covering new flat-panel display technologies, with a special focus on OLED, which I firmly believe will be the technology that will make current flat panel HDTVs look as old as the cathode ray tube.
An Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) flat-panel display is made of small lumps of organic material that glow when electrical current is applied, a process known as electro-phosphorescence.
This technology can produce self-luminous screens that don't require a source of light like to work (thus requiring less power), so manufacturers can obtain screens that are even thinner than LCD displays because there is no backlight.
Yesterday, Sony re-confirmed its plans to release the world's first OLED TV in 2007.
This December, Sony will deliver the first of its OLED TVs: the XEL-1, which has an 11-inch screen that is only 3-mm thick with a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 and a native resolution of 960x540. Even though, the XEL-1 accepts 1080p video through HDMI that obviously will be scaled down.
The lifespan of this first OLED TV is around 30,000 hours (half of current LCD and Plasma HDTVs), which is enough time to watch eight hours of television per day for 10 years.
If those specs sound nothing special, you must remember...