173w ago - As a follow-up to our previous post from yesterday, today some PS JailBreak pictures, preliminary reviews, a FAQ / guide and fresh videos have arrived.
To begin, PS3JailBreak.com has posted up pictures of the PS JailBreak instructions and cover letter (pictured below) along with the following additional PS JailBreak details, to quote:
• Do tools like SN Systems Target Manger work while this mod is being used? No Target Manager does not connect, it tries but fails.
• Does a debug settings menu appear like on PS3 Test units? No this does not appear when using the dongle.
• Can the USB Dongle be dumped? Possibly however initial common attempts to dump it have failed. The dongle is detected as an Unknown USB device in windows. It does not show up as a storage device. Trying to raw dump it with programs like Hex workshop also do not detect it since it doesn't show as a storage device.
• Does the dongle only need to be used once to convert my PS3 to a debug unit? No, you must use it every time...
173w ago - Update #2: After examining the PSJailBreak Manager .PKG File below, RichDevX determined that it was hardcoded not to boot on Test consoles, and he has now made available a patch for PS3 Debug users who can decrypt the selfs to run PS3 game back-ups with it!
Below (under PS3 Dev Notes) is some more tech info from his findings for those curious, however, please note the PSJailBreak patch above is only for PlayStation 3 Debug users. At this time it would probably be wise NOT to waste your money on this expensive PSJailBreak USB device, as a FREE PS3 scene solution is bound to surface.
Update: CJPC has received confirmation and xorloser has now confirmed that the PSJailBreak runs unsigned code on the PlayStation 3, so it appears this PS3 mod-chip is indeed legitimate!
175w ago - Finally all of us iPhone 4 users now have a way to get Cydia back as the iPhone 4 Jailbreak with JailbreakMe 2.0 has arrived- Horray!
To quote: The anticipated iPhone 4 jailbreak has been released as JailbreakMe 2.0. The wait is finally over and iPhone 4 can be jailbroken on iOS 4.0 or iOS 4.0.1.
JailbreakMe is actually all in one solution for iPhone 4 3GS 3GS and iPod Touch 3G 2G along with iPad. Any iPhone on 4.0 or 4.0.1 iOS can be jailbroken using JailbreakMe 2.0. Any iPod Touch 4.0 can be jailbroken untethered irrespective of MC Models while iPad 3.2.1 jailbreak is also possible.
Caution: It is recommended to synchronize and backup your data using iTunes before employing JailbreakMe 2.0. After you have successfully executed JailbreakMe 2.0, you should save SHSH Blobs to avoid future loss in case you update to a new firmware.
The following tutorial will aid you to carry out iPhone 4 Jailbreak with JailbreakMe 2.0:
Function 1: There are two possible firmware that are installed on iPhone 4 either iOS4 or iOS 4.0.1. JailbreakMe 2.0s both iOS4 and iOS 4.0.1.
Function 2: Visit JailbreakMe.com on your iPhone 4.
Function 3: Follow the instructions on website for iPhone 4 Jailbreak.
Although the site is currently inaccessible (likely due to heavy traffic), below are the relevant details:
• Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
• Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
• If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
• Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
• An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
• Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
• Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages in Cydia, not designed for...
318w ago - When we first got our hands on the UK iPhone back in September, it was already running the 1.1.1 firmware. The same firmware which helpfully bricked a number of hacked iPhones Stateside upon later release. Now T3 is claiming that the UK iPhone -- set for release on November 9th -- is kicking 1.1.2 under the glass.
Besides support for French and German keyboard layouts and characters, the other notable change is the shuttering of the TIFF exploit used to jailbreak and then install (and unlock) third party applications on the 1.1.1 iPhone and iPod touch. With the possibility that Apple might release 1.1.2 globally with the UK launch on Friday, consider yourselves warned.
It's not like there's a lot of incentive for you to update anyway (remember, it's optional) what with the latest jailbreak simultaneously exploiting and then plugging the TIFF exploit to keep your browsing safe. For whatever it's worth, the February SDK isn't too far away -- perhaps you should wait 'till then to get right with The Steve.