257w ago - Over the weekend ps3mediaserver has updated his PS3 Media Server application to version 1.02. Today, some users reported a few issues with it so he fixed them and released a version 1.02.1 update.
The author states: If you have no troubles with 1.02, you can skip 1.02.1, as this one has very few fixes, aside this major bug:
1.02.1 Fixes: - Major Bug in server start due to a faulty MAC address retrieval
- PMS do not start after activating the archive browsing option
- Media library small fixes
1.02 New Features: - Auto-updater, default configuration, cleanups and windows/linux build scripts (thanks to Tim Cox)
- Media library (also act as a parsing cache): you can sort your files by date, ID3 tags, etc.
- Playlists (m3u/pls) support
- Preliminary album art support, better audio (flac) and tags parsing
- New options for video resolution, deinterlace filter, and archives browsing
- Video settings with an easier virtual menu (A/V sync, deinterlace, ...)
- Windows service installer (working...
* Fixed B button issues (app screen corruption, crash on B+A)
* Wiimotes now keep the ordering from the System Menu (libogc) (note: they'll switch again when you boot apps that haven't been updated like HBC has - but they would have switched anyway, and HBC can use all Wiimotes, so you don't lose anything while those apps are updated)
* Hopefully fixed the USB Ethernet issues (couldn't find a tester, even without a USB Gecko... it's like they all disappeared after reporting the bug. Hope this fixes it)
* Fixed wiimote auto-shutdown (libogc) (now you don't need a ridiculously perfectly still wiimote for it to shut down - playing music won't cause your wiimote batteries to die)
* Hopefully fixed "video after shutdown" issues (libogc)
* Changes to () -> *
262w ago - Update: The LBP 1.05 patch adds star ratings to levels - you can now see the current star rating of a level (providing it has enough feedback).
The LittleBigPlanet v1.05 patch for PlayStation 3 is now available. It went live last night and is just 15MB in size. There isn't any word on what is new, but we're sure it brings with it some fixes and minor improvements.
To quote: The Planetoid observatory has just seen that the Little Big Planet 1.05 patch is now live. It went live at around 11pm GMT / UTC and is a teeny tiny 15MB in size.
Like previous patches, there has been no official word on it so right now there is no news on just exactly what this patch contains. We'd put our money on it being some minor stability fixes, much like patches 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 did and they were all around the same size.
Media Molecule did, only a few hours ago, announce their commitment to improving key areas of the game: Searching, Moderation & Online play. So with any luck they'll be some improvements in this patch to one of those areas.
- Convert Portable Network Graphics (.png) to C array in header file (.h), works with GRRLIB 3.0 and libwiisprite
- Convert Images (.gif, .bmp, .jpeg or .jpg) to header file (.h), works with GRRLIB 2.0 or less
- Convert XML (.xml) to C array in header file (.h)
- Convert GRRLIB 2.0 (or less) screenshot (.grr) to Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- Load Wii executables files (.dol) from a computer to a Wii with the Homebrew Channel, IP address must be entered in the Settings
- Compile Makefile to (.dol and .elf), you must have "make" available in your path
You just need to drop a file in the list box. If drag-and-drop is not working (Wine), you could simply right click on the list box to bring the popup menu. From the menu, select Add a File to the List..., in the Open dialog box you could select multiple files.
If you don't want to open the software, just drag-and-drop files on the program icon. This is because the software accepts command line, just type WiiBuilder myfile.png. When the files are...