157w ago - Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Sid Shuman has posted up a collection of Dead Nation PS3 tips and tricks today dubbed 'Dead Bodies Everywhere' for fans.
To quote: Dead Nation's nonstop shooting and scrambling will test the mettle of even a veteran gamer – and that's part of the fun!
I've compiled my battle-tested tactics gleaned from beating the game on the "Grim" difficulty, plus bonus tips shared by PlayStation Twitter followers.
Earn more gold, find more health, beat back mobs efficiently, and choose the right upgrades. Be sure to leave your own battle-tested tips in the comments!
• Rush makes you (briefly) invincible. Pressing L2 grants you a burst of speed that makes you untouchable for a nanosecond. Use it to dodge angry Bombies, power through a zombie crowd, or sprint over flames. But even the Rush won't save you from the dreaded Cutter...
• Master the Melee. Melee attacks (R2) knock away all zombies, even those lurking behind you, so it's a must for crowd control. To be a real melee monster, collect fashionable ExoGear armor pieces hidden throughout the game and equip them at the Weapon Shop.
• Melee while reloading. Stuck in a reload animation just as a mob is closing in? Jam on the melee button...
197w ago - To conclude their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series, Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared an 'Officer in Charge' video below.
To quote: After a three-week run, we've come to our final installment of our MAG Developer Tip series. To close it out Zipper's training, vehicle and environment designer Ben Jones walks us through the biggest responsibility in the game: being the OIC.
With all the great tips that have come from other Zippers over the week (particularly all of the leadership-oriented bits that have come out over the last few days), I'm going to impart this small list of tried and true techniques that build upon earlier strategies and maximize your effectiveness as an OIC. Some are obvious, some aren't, but all are helpful.
• Your OIC abilities can be accessed by using the TCM through the D-Pad or the CNI by pressing SELECT.
• These abilities are best used while trying to make a push as either an attacker or defender, so try and time their use with changes in the battle! If attackers have opened up their forward spawns try blockading them to give your team time to regroup.
197w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared the next in their ongoing PlayStation 3 developer tips video series dubbed Platoon Leader today.
To quote: Welcome to another installment of our ongoing MAG tactics and strategies posts! Today, we've got tag team action from Software Manager Mike Nicolino and Designer Marc Janas.
Their mission? To give aspiring Platoon Leaders everything they need to find success. What this video below first and then catch their tips after the close.
Hello everyone, this is Marc and Mike, and these are the keys to being a good Platoon Leader.
• Platoon Broadcast Chat: Use this chat channel (selected from the D-pad) to broadcast any speech to the entire platoon. It's useful to help organize everyone to focus on one particular route or objective.
• Platoon Chat: Use this (also selected from the D-pad) to chat directly with only the squad leaders in your platoon. This channel isn't heard by any non-officer players, so it is best used to direct squad leaders on where to send their individual squads in battle.
• When attacking, use your Strafing Run ability to call in planes to pound a specific area on the battlefield...
197w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham shared a Squad Leader PS3 video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: Now that you've learned some general leadership techniques in MAG from the folks here at Zipper, it's time to specialize.
Your instructor for today is Zipper Interactive's very own Audio Manager, Mary Olson. Watch this background video first and then check for Mary's strategies immediately below.
Hi, this is Mary and today we're going to take a closer look at the Squad Leader role - which is the first and most active of all leadership positions in MAG.
As an SL, you're primary focus should be good Communication with your Squad and Platoon, strategic use of Waypoints and the Fragmentary Order system (FRAGOs), and using your Command Assets wisely.
• If you don't already, you should start playing with a headset. It will make communicating with your team much faster and more effective. Regardless of how you play, though, stay in close contact with your team - assign your squad to objectives, and coordinate. Don't let...
197w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared a Leadership Roles video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: Do you have what it takes to lead your soldiers into battle? If the answer is yes then today's MAG Developer Tips post is the one for you.
Audio Lead Keith Sjoquist is using our platform here to introduce everyone to the world of combat management, and as always, we're opening things up with a video.
Hi there, this is Keith from Zipper and today we're looking at some general MAG leadership tips.
Leadership is important because MAG is just as much a tactical game as it is run-and-gun. A savvy leader can herd a bunch of noobs and steamroll a platoon full of high-level lone wolves more often than not.
If you decide to opt in for leadership, that's great - just make sure you're ready for the responsibility.
• Remember your responsibility! It's all too easy to get in the habit of opting for leadership at the queue screen but then forget that there are a bunch of grunts looking at you for direction. Long story...