85w ago - Sony PlayStation Digital Platforms Community Manager Cade Peterson has revealed PlayStation Home 1.65 Client update details today, including beats by Dr. Dre, new x7 exclusives and more outlined below.
To quote: This Wednesday, April 25th, PlayStation Home gets an exciting core client update to version 1.65, the gorgeous Island Bungalow Personal Space releases to the public, beats by Dr. Dre arrive, new x7 exclusive early-access items release (and another freebie!), Konami releases more Secret Agent items, Juggernaut releases a down-to-earth companion, more Granzella Samurai items, and more! (Whew! This is a big week)
Let me get to the biggest news of the week--PlayStation Home gets an exciting new core client update. With it come a bunch of new features and improvements, including:
• A new simplified Menu Screen
• Furniture slot memory adjustments and enhanced visual display of available memory use
• A new Voice Chat system
• Alerts are now integrated better
• Shopping right from the Wardrobe
• Cross game invite system has been expanded
• Improved stability of real time games
• And more!
To see the full Patch Notes, click here. Users new and old will appreciate this great variety of new features and improvements....
99w ago - Sony PlayStation Home Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that beginning Wednesday eleven new games will be coming to PlayStation Home!
To quote: This Wednesday, January 11th will see yet another enormous update to PlayStation Home, with new games to play, a massive expansion to one of our most popular titles, and tons of collectible items.
For starters, our friends over at Digital Leisure are opening the doors to their all-new Casino game space.
Many of you have been asking for more casino-styled games since the launch of PlayStation Home Hold 'Em and we're proud to serve up an extremely elegant game space plucked straight from the Strip with all of the fun of a Vegas vacation without the high cost of admission.
From Blackjack and Poker and Casino War to Big Six Wheel and Keno and Slots, we've got you covered no matter what your game of choice is. Of course, no PlayStation Home game would be complete without some seriously awesome rewards, so Digital Leisure decided to add over 100 of them, including clothing, furniture, and even a luxury hotel room befitting the highest of high rollers (not that you'll be doing much sleeping once the Casino releases...)
102w ago - SCEE Manager James Gallagher has announced that PlayStation Home is being wrapped up for the year this coming Thursday, and shared details on the new Aurora v1.4 updates below as well.
To quote: On Thursday 22nd December from 8AM BST PlayStation Home will go offline for scheduled maintenance. Here is what to expect when PS Home reopens...
The darkness has been lifted from Aurora! Peace and beauty have finally been restored. Along with the return of daylight, Aurora is currently passing above a large mountain range.
Hopefully the islands will remain high enough to avoid any collisions!
There is now a new island holding a fantastic single and multiplayer game called 'Espionage 9′, along with another island containing the addictive 'Los Penguini Brothers' mini game.
We also have a new Teller of Tales story about the discovery of the islands which will be coming very shortly. Also, as well as new rewards for level 95 and a very special level 100 reward, we're giving everyone not one but two free items to celebrate the launch of Aurora 1.4.
One will be given on entering the space, and the other will arrive with the new Teller of Tales story. So what are you waiting for? Come and explore the wonders of Aurora now!
104w ago - Sony Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home update patch version 1.60 will be arriving this Thursday with details below, as follows:
This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces!
Here's a look at what's coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
How to Apply the v1.60 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (v1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the v1.60 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Furniture Placement Limit
• We have doubled the furniture placement limit in personal spaces and clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
• Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
• 100 standard furniture items or...
• 78 standard furniture items...
109w ago - Following up on their previous update, today PlayStation Home Community Manager Locust_Star has confirmed that the PlayStation Home Redesign wil be coming this Thursday!
To quote: The next stage of PlayStation Home's evolution will arrive on your PS3 this Thursday, November 3rd.
This enormous update integrates games, quests, community events and user-generated content, while providing players with additional navigation, shopping, socialization, and entertainment options.
This massive PlayStation Home redesign will launch with a number of new, free-to-play games, including:
• Bootleggers '29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers '29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
• PlayStation Home Hold 'Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand...