198w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham shared a Squad Leader PS3 video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: Now that you've learned some general leadership techniques in MAG from the folks here at Zipper, it's time to specialize.
Your instructor for today is Zipper Interactive's very own Audio Manager, Mary Olson. Watch this background video first and then check for Mary's strategies immediately below.
Hi, this is Mary and today we're going to take a closer look at the Squad Leader role - which is the first and most active of all leadership positions in MAG.
As an SL, you're primary focus should be good Communication with your Squad and Platoon, strategic use of Waypoints and the Fragmentary Order system (FRAGOs), and using your Command Assets wisely.
• If you don't already, you should start playing with a headset. It will make communicating with your team much faster and more effective. Regardless of how you play, though, stay in close contact with your team - assign your squad to objectives, and coordinate. Don't let...
198w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared a Leadership Roles video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: Do you have what it takes to lead your soldiers into battle? If the answer is yes then today's MAG Developer Tips post is the one for you.
Audio Lead Keith Sjoquist is using our platform here to introduce everyone to the world of combat management, and as always, we're opening things up with a video.
Hi there, this is Keith from Zipper and today we're looking at some general MAG leadership tips.
Leadership is important because MAG is just as much a tactical game as it is run-and-gun. A savvy leader can herd a bunch of noobs and steamroll a platoon full of high-level lone wolves more often than not.
If you decide to opt in for leadership, that's great - just make sure you're ready for the responsibility.
• Remember your responsibility! It's all too easy to get in the habit of opting for leadership at the queue screen but then forget that there are a bunch of grunts looking at you for direction. Long story...
199w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has started off the week with the next installment in their PlayStation 3 developer video series, with today's tips highlighting the MAG PS3 Sniper.
To quote: People who play as snipers love it. People who are killed by snipers hate them.
But regardless of which end of the spectrum you're currently on, anyone can become an expert at the Zoom-in of Death with this excellent tips provided by UI Manager Steve Harris and Lead Designer of MAG, CJ Heine.
What's up? This is Steve and it's important that you know that Snipers are usually the guys supporting the rest of the team by clearing objective areas or preventing the opposing team from reaching their objectives from long range.
Being an effective sniper and contributing to your squad is extremely rewarding when it's done correctly. Here are a few tips to help you become a better MAG Sniper.
• Keep moving! The biggest mistake that snipers make is that they stay camped in one spot. The action in MAG moves very quickly, and even if you are able to take a few targets down, it's just a matter of time...
199w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared a Rapid Assault video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: If there's anything we've learned in the first few weeks of MAG's time on the battlefield, it's that new players love to start out as the Rapid Assault class.
A common soldier type on the battlefield, the Rapid Assault guys are all about speed and efficiency - and the guy who's going to tell you how to master them is the always-awesome designer, Christopher Burns.
Watch the following video and then settle in as Chris takes us away to strategy land!
Hello folks, I'm Christopher Burns from Zipper Interactive and I'm here to help get you started using the Rapid Assault weapons and tactics.
• Rapid Assault troops are a combination of firepower and mobility. Their primary proficiency is with the Assault Rifle, and their Medium Armor frees them up to move quickly. With careful Armory choices, a properly-spec'd Rapid Assault troop can even and take on certain utility roles here and there...
199w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has posted the next video in their PlayStation 3 developer tips series, namely MAG PS3 Field Support.
To quote: Hot on the heels of yesterday's medic-oriented patch, Zipper Technical Art Director and beer aficionado Steve Suhy shows off his penchant for great timing with tips on how to play MAG's Field Support Class.
But first, this nicely-presented video followed by Steve's comments.
Cheers recruits. This is Steve Suhy from Zipper Interactive here to give you some insightful tips on maximizing your Field Support Abilities. Let's do this!
• You always want to maximize your points at the end of a round and using your field support abilities greatly contributes to that cause. So listen to your squad leader and get those FRAGO multipliers. Is the AA down and your squad leader has FRAGO'ed it? Don't walk, SPRINT TO IT, and grab that multiplier!
• Use your skill points early for field support skills. These GREATLY contribute to secondary XP.
• Heal from the field....