267w ago - Capcom's Christian Svensson has stated that PlayStatiopn 3 trophies are unlikely to be added to current games released due to the cost.
However, according to him Capcom is planning trophy support for future titles.
To quote Sven: There are a few titles released by our US group that we'd like to go back and have trophy support added to, but the bids to do so were cost prohibitive (they'd never make it through a green light process if those costs stand). We've not entirely given up yet though, so you may still see something further down the line.
Because there's some uncertainty, I don't want to say whether you will or won't on what's on that list.
I will say that future titles are planning trophy support across the board on our US developed side and I believe the majority of our Japanese titles are also (I'm just hesitant to commit because I don't have a complete list in front of me).
283w ago - Sega details the two ways of getting the demo for Phantasy Star Portable, a demo UMD will be distributed through selected gaming stores in Japan while the rest of regions can grab it from the PlayStation Store.
As reported earlier, Sega is pretty generous with the demo, you can play the whole of the first chapter and five missions from the multiplayer mode. As a result, it's 301Mb in size and the usual way of distributing demos via "Browser" or website just isn't reliable enough. The date to remember for this is July 14th.
On the other hand, the game's official Web site gets some updates following the Weekly Famitsu report. There are more characters introduced, a TV commercial and finally something Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G fans will be really familiar with, downloadable missions are being planned in future.
285w ago - You may or may not be aware that there's a vote taking place on the official Prince of Persia Web site. This poll allows people to pick one of three Xbox 360 achievements for the final game.
Not much use to PS3 owners, but Ubisoft has done its best to keep us sweet. The poll itself states that PS3 fans need not take umbrage and that they have "planned something special" for us too.
Whether this will have anything to do with the upcoming trophies for the game, or something else entirely, there's no real indication.
Needless to say, however, we're looking forward to seeing whatever it is Ubisoft comes up with. What can we say, we love surprises!
287w ago - - Main characters: Rikimaru and Ayame
- Story: set one year after the riots caused by the Witchcraft Lord "Tenrai". There are still some evil people behind the scenes that are causing trouble, and gaining in power. There was also an incident involving the kidnapping of princess Kiku (Lord Gouda Matsunoshin's daughter). Rikimaru and Ayame must find out what is going on with these happenings.
- "Stealth Ninja Action Game"
- developers are saying that this could be the 'epitome of the series'
- new character designs
- new actors
- both characters have different fighting styles, and "assassination cutscenes".
- Stealth actions: hide in water, climb on ceilings, sneak around above the ceiling, hide in the dark, hide bodies, hide within caravans to sneak into heavily guarded locations, and more moves completely new to the series
- special move allows you to quickly dispose of a body into water, effectively hiding the corpse
- ninja tools from previous entries return, and have been reworked for Wiimote/Nunchuk control
- www.tenchu.net may be updated on June 7th with info
Interestingly enough, Ubisoft will be handling the publishing for Tenchu. Ubisoft isn't developing the title, but I do think the company deserves a bit of praise for picking up...