222w ago - Guitar Hero 5 has featured a posthumous Kurt Cobain on their list of characters that are in the game, and apparently not only are other people not happy about it... Courtney Love isn't either, so she is suing Activision.
To quote: In a Twitter tirade for the ages, the former Hole frontwoman announced plans to sue Guitar Hero 5 publisher Activision over the way her late husband was represented in the game, reports The Guardian.
"For the record this Guitar Hero [expletive] is breach of contract on a Bullys part and there will be a proper addressing of this and retraction," she posted on her Twitter account. "WE are going to sue the [expletive] out of Activision we being the Trust the Estate the LLC the various LLCs Cobain Enterprises."
Cobain appears as one of five exclusive in-game artists in Guitar Hero 5, joining the likes of Carlos Santana and Johnny Cash as playable characters.
In particular, Love is incensed over the look of Cobain's avatar, which can be used by gamers to play non-Nirvana songs with Cobain lip-synching along. Love insisted she "never...
252w ago - This week's SingStore update features a theme of love. Hmm, wonder why? The update hits on Thursday, February 12, 2009.
Lovesongs • The Bangles - Eternal Flame
• Westlife - If I let You Go
• Will Young - Leave Right Now
• Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power of Love
• Sara Bareilles - Love Song
English • Anouk - Good God
• Di-rect - Cool Without You
• DJ Bobo - Let The Dream Come True
• E-Type and the Poodles - Line of Fire
• Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Wanna Be
• Gavin DeGraw - Chariot
• Jamelia - See It In A Boy's Eyes
• Kirsty MacColl - A New England
• MGMT - Electric Feel
• Postman - All Gone
• Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
• Suede - Film Star
• Suede - Lazy
• Turbonegro - Do You Do You Dig Destruction
252w ago - SCEA Marketing Manager Mark Valledor shared another update on the world of LittleBigPlanet for PS3 today as follows:
Going live later today is Update 1.09 - a bit earlier than expected, but we're sure you won't mind. This update contains some minor adjustments plus addresses the following bug fixes:
• 'Failed to save profile' message not being displayed when a user's profile is full.
• Object Capture Bug: switch connectors being deleted when an object is captured.
• Failed to load profile issue: where the user is thrown out to the XMB due to a texture that is not registered in their profile being present in their pod.
• Text not displaying in the text chat window.
• Slow rewind due to moderation check.
• Save file corruption which caused the game to crash when placing any object in an emitter in any level.
256w ago - Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said in a recent interview that he would leave to make a sequel of Amplitude for the PlayStation 3 console.
He noted that the game is still close to his heart and would love to do it for the PS3. Amplitude was released back a few years ago for the PS2 and made gamers control a 'beat blaster' down a path of different shapes and lengths, containing up to six tracks.
To quote: Before Guitar Hero blew the music and rythm genre wide open, Rock Band developer Harmonix was working on smaller titles, like FreQuency and Amplitude. And though the developer has gone from a small developer of just a few dozen to a staff well into the hundreds, they haven't forgotten where it all began. In fact, they may even be doing a sequel to Amplitude.
"[Amplitude] is still close to my heart. I love it," Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said in a recent interview "I'd love to do a sequel to Amplitude, actually. I would love to come back and do it right for the PlayStation 3, for example".
As of right now Sony owns the rights to Amplitude, which would mean the title would be exclusive to the PS3.