129w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Aryeh Loeb is here with some videos and details on the new Killzone 3 'From the Ashes' PS3 Pack which includes 4 new maps!
To quote: Today we're offering a first look at two new maps from the upcoming DLC map pack for Killzone 3, "From The Ashes."
Consisting of two Guerrilla Warfare maps and two Warzone maps, From The Ashes will reinvigorate your Killzone 3 online experience with environments both fresh and familiar.
First up is a preview video of Lente Missile Base, a Warzone map for 24 players set inside an abandoned missile base at the edge of the Kaznan Jungle. One of many outdated defense facilities abandoned after the discovery of nuclear Petrusite, Lente Base is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan's strange plant life.
But when warring ISA and Helghast forces stumble across the remains of the facility, they find that most of its systems are still operational. As both factions vie for control of the base, the facility begins firing its missiles - frying anyone caught in the underground exhaust vents...
The second preview video features Mobile Factory, a Guerrilla Warfare map for 16 players set aboard one of the largest vehicles from the single player campaign. Part resource...
129w ago - Following not far behind the v1.09 Patch, today KillZone 3 PS3 Patch version 1.10 has been released which includes Custom Game Options.
From the official site, to quote on the KZ3 v1.10 changes:
• Custom Games, Part 2. Additional information can be found at the bottom of the article, but it will include: choosing abilities, weapons and careers, as well as toggling functionality such as ribbons, skills and explosives.
• Squad Only Chat. This is still an experimental feature and may not always function as expected.
• Playing Audio/Music from your PS3 during MP games.
• Marksman Improvements:
- Cloak rippling effect has been increased.
- Cloak now ripples with increased intensity when firing non silenced weapons.
- Transition from uncloaked to cloaked has been extended.
- A cloak fade transition between moving and not-moving has been introduced (player no longer snaps out of view).
• Distance Indicator for off-screen medics.
• Matchmaking. We will now make players switch faction automatically at the end of a round if teams...
131w ago - Today Killzone 3 PS3 patch version 1.09 has been released, and although the changelog (below) contains many fixes the update's EBOOT.BIN game executable is also encrypted with 3.60 Firmware PS3 Keys meaning those who update won't be able to run it on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
If you are running PS3 CFW and remain on the Killzone (BCES-01007) 1.08 patch or below you will still be able to play the game fine though.
Below is the Killzone 3 PS3 Patch 1.09 changelog from Guerrilla Games PlayStation 3 Developer LevTrin12, to quote:
• Added Colour blind support - When turned 'On' all enemy players and objects will be underlined. This is the case for the minimap and in-game, such as player names.
• Frozen Dam - Operations - The first mission in is now 6 minutes again
• Move - Fixed continuous rumble when the PlayStation Eye camera connected
• Move - When interacting with a Search &...
133w ago - Inline with the COD Black Ops Double XP weekend announcement comes another for Killzone 3 on the PlayStation 3 entertainment system!
To quote from Killzone's Community Editor Victor Zuylen on the event news: To celebrate the return of the PlayStation Network and welcome you back to Killzone 3's online battlefield, we've got a Double XP Weekend lined up!
Starting this Friday, May 20 at 17:00 PM UK time, and lasting until Monday, May 23 at 10:00 AM UK time, all XP you earn in Killzone 3's multiplayer matches will be doubled.
The upcoming Double XP Weekend isn't the only Killzone-related goodie in the pipeline. As you may know, Sony has revealed that Killzone: Liberation is part of its Welcome Back Program for PSN members, meaning you'll be able to download the critically acclaimed PlayStation Portable shooter absolutely free of charge. And there's even more... But we'll announce that at a later date.
So stay tuned to Killzone.com, and remember to brush up your Killzone 3 multiplayer skills. This weekend, you'll have a chance to catch up on 3 weeks' worth of rank progression!
139w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Aryeh Loeb has confirmed that the Killzone 3 Steel Rain PS3 DLC Pack is coming to PSN tomorrow.
To quote: Back in February, we revealed that we were working on a brand-new DLC Pack for Killzone 3 called Steel Rain.
Today, we are proud to announce that the pack is finished and slated for a PlayStation Store release on tomorrow, 6 April.
Steel Rain consists of two explosive new multiplayer maps inspired by locations from the single player campaign: Junkyard, a Guerrilla Warfare map which sees Jetpacks and Exoskeletons clashing in a rain-drenched junk processing facility; and Stahl Arms, a uniquely styled Warzone map set on the factory floor of one of Helghan's largest weapons manufacturing plants.
The map pack will be available from the PlayStation Store April 6th for €4.99. PlayStation Plus members get a special treat: they can download the Steel Rain pack for free for the whole of April.
Check out the footage from both maps and prepare to take the fight to two new fronts.