175w ago - Finally all of us iPhone 4 users now have a way to get Cydia back as the iPhone 4 Jailbreak with JailbreakMe 2.0 has arrived- Horray!
To quote: The anticipated iPhone 4 jailbreak has been released as JailbreakMe 2.0. The wait is finally over and iPhone 4 can be jailbroken on iOS 4.0 or iOS 4.0.1.
JailbreakMe is actually all in one solution for iPhone 4 3GS 3GS and iPod Touch 3G 2G along with iPad. Any iPhone on 4.0 or 4.0.1 iOS can be jailbroken using JailbreakMe 2.0. Any iPod Touch 4.0 can be jailbroken untethered irrespective of MC Models while iPad 3.2.1 jailbreak is also possible.
Caution: It is recommended to synchronize and backup your data using iTunes before employing JailbreakMe 2.0. After you have successfully executed JailbreakMe 2.0, you should save SHSH Blobs to avoid future loss in case you update to a new firmware.
The following tutorial will aid you to carry out iPhone 4 Jailbreak with JailbreakMe 2.0:
Function 1: There are two possible firmware that are installed on iPhone 4 either iOS4 or iOS 4.0.1. JailbreakMe 2.0s both iOS4 and iOS 4.0.1.
Function 2: Visit JailbreakMe.com on your iPhone 4.
Function 3: Follow the instructions on website for iPhone 4 Jailbreak.
The good news? Others whom GeoHot shared the PS3 METLDR info and LV2 dump with are currently using his work to continue hacking the PS3 console, with rumors from IRC (for what those are worth LOL) indicating a public "end-user" PS3 hack may arrive before September 2010 from their camp.
Unfortunately though, just like the past Dark_AleX and "M33" PSP releases, an incoming PS3 hack will probably be from a fictitious group and won't include anything useful to PS3 Devs such as dumps, reversals, sourcecode, etc.
Hopefully once a hole that Sony can't block is public, other PlayStation 3 Devs will begin working on the PS3 though... and sharing all the juicy...
180w ago - Today Hulu announced the launch of their Premium Subscription Service dubbed Hulu Plus, which is slated to come to PCs, Apple's iPhone and iPad, some Samsung Blu-ray players and Sony's PS3 entertainment system.
Through an ad-supported premium subscription, Hulu Plus service will cost $9.99 per month and includes HD access to full season runs of shows from Fox, ABC, and NBC.
The service is currently only available to select Hulu members who have been invited – you can request an invite HERE.
To quote: "Even if you don't have an invite, you'll still be able to download a Hulu Plus application on the iPad, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
The application features a limited number of episodes, but you'll be able to get a feel what the service will be like. Hulu says that the service will launch broadly in the coming months.
Content will be delivered at a resolution of 720p (HD) when available, and can be downgraded in low-bandwidth scenarios."
183w ago - Today the iPhone 4 has officially been unveiled by Steve Jobs at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco, California.
Details are still coming in, but below are some highlights for the 4th generation iPhone thus far, to quote:
• It's real: the iPhone 4 (the official name) is as expected, with a new case design.
• The new phone has the thinner, squared-off design we've seen in the leaked photos of the device, redesigned buttons, a front-facing camera, a flash on the rear camera, a secondary microphone for noise cancellation, and improved antennas integrated right into the design. 26% thinner than the iPhone 3GS: The thinnest smartphone ever, according to Jobs.
• As rumored, 960 x 640 pixels of resolution on the 3.5-inch display. That's unheard of on a cell phone and actually approaches what most smaller laptops have. 78% of the pixels that the iPad has.
• iPhone is now powered by Apple's A4 chip. Battery is bigger, and Jobs promises 40% more talk time than before (great news). 32GB of storage standard (no upgrade vs. the 3GS). And support for 7.2Mbps networks... once AT&T supports it.
• Internal accelerometer features are also upgraded to add a gyroscope to the mix. It's a little wonky, but now the phone will...
Although the site is currently inaccessible (likely due to heavy traffic), below are the relevant details:
• Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
• Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
• If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
• Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
• An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
• Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
• Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages in Cydia, not designed for...