116w ago - Today JD_2020 announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 patch 1.13 update has gone live, which includes security and game fixes as outlined below.
To quote: We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
CoD: Black Ops Patch 1.13 PlayStation 3 Updates:
• Security Updates.
• Addressed an issue where Custom Private Match settings were carrying over to Public matches.
• Prohibited clan tags can no longer be used.
• A player's win streak will now break if they quit out during a live match.
• Players that are partied up are no longer allowed to go into party-restricted lobbies such as FFA.
• Fixed a rare issue with Recent Games not showing the correct heat map.
• Addressed an exploit copying another player's emblem/playercard.
• Added Rezurrection DLC support. (Launching September 22nd!)
• Fixed some issues related to invites going from Zombie to Multiplayer.
• Unlocked clan tag colors can now be set using the swapped X/O button configuration.
119w ago - Today the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 patch update has arrived, which weighs in at 63MB in size and adds new playlists among the updates detailed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 Playlists:
• Express: 30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.
• DLC Moshpit: Moshpit of game modes using only DLC maps.
• DLC Hardcore Moshpit: Same as above only using hardcore game mode variants
Here are the v1.12 patch update changes from JD_2020 on the official site board:
CoD Black Ops PS3 Patch 1.12 changes:
• Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to "warp" under rare circumstances.
• Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
• Improvements to spawn system.
• Addressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
• Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.
123w ago - Activision Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has confirmed that Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation PS3 DLC is now live on PSN and shared some domination tips for fans below.
To quote: Annihilation - the third pack of DLC maps for Call of Duty: Black Ops - comes to the PlayStation 3.
The DLC offers four new multiplayer arenas and a new jungle-based Zombies survival experience in Shangri-Li.
In celebration of the big release, developer Treyarch has deemed that the double XP will flow all weekend long. I'll be hosting a gameplay session this Friday night to soak some of that up myself, and my favorite game type is Domination.
Truth be told, I'm not that good a shot, so objective-based modes like this one let me help the team and keep leveing up even if I'm nowhere near the top of the K/D ratios.
In that spirit, I wanted to offer some tips for the four new maps. I don't know if we'll meet up on the same team or on opposite sides of a red dot sight, but I'm willing to take that risk in the name of having fun...
I like this map a lot. Snipers perched in the projection room and in the screen will no doubt trade...
125w ago - Activision's Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has announced today that the Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation maps will be hitting PS3 on July 28, 2011.
To quote: First Strike was fun. Escalation rocked. But Call of Duty: Black Ops fans want more - they crave new battlegrounds and new experiences.
Black Ops developer Treyarch knows this, so they've been busy creating another fresh batch of DLC maps: Annihilation. The newest add-on content will be ready for download from the PlayStation Store starting Thursday, July 28th.
Annihilation features four new standard multiplayer arenas - Silo, Hangar 18, Drive-In and Hazard - and the deadly jungle Zombies experience, Shangri-La. "The goals we set were about quality and variety," says Treyarch's Online Director, Dan Bunting. "We wanted to make everything feel unique and distinct."
Annihilation delivers on those goals with five all-new environments:
Drive-In: This one-time American movie paradise once showed war movies; now it's the location for one. The holes in the screen have been filled with snipers. The popcorn is stale, but they're still serving up hot lead in the concession stand.
131w ago - Activision Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has announced today that the Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation DLC is coming to PS3 on June 10, 2011.
To quote: Hopefully everybody enjoyed the double XP period for Call of Duty: Black Ops in May - neither Treyarch nor Activision wanted to see any of the PS3 fans miss out just because of the technical issues.
Now the next round of Black Ops action is locked and loaded: the long-awaited Escalation DLC pack will be available in the PlayStation Store on Friday, June 10th.
Escalation features five big chunks of content - four multiplayer maps and one star-studded Zombies experience unlike any other. For fans of competitive combat, your new battlegrounds await:
• HOTEL takes the sunny splendor of a luxirous Cuban casino resort and turns it into a bullet-riddled war zone. Details like the blown casino safe and poolside bar offer some unusual cover for run-and-gunners, but thanks to the high vantage points at opposite ends, it's also a great map for snipers.
• Why not visit the ZOO? The big cats and deadly reptiles left this abandoned Russian animal park long ago, but the overgrown, dilapidated facility still plays host to the...