Below is the video of Uncharted 2 Gameplay Footage on PS3 Slim with PS JailBreak alongside a rough translation of the PS3 JailBreak guide.
To quote: "During the holidays, it's hot, we needed someone to motivate test PSJailbreak, and it is Jean-Luc who performed the tests on the chip.
Installing the PS3 PS JailBreak Chip:
• The PS3 must have software version 3.41
• The PS3 should be unplugged to the slim version or switch off the PS3 with FAT.
• Put the chip psjailbreak USB into a USB port of PS3 console off completely (not standby).
• Connect or turn the switch ON the PS3.
• Turn on the PS3 with the power button and immediately press EJECT to activate the chip.
• The LEDs light up the smart red and green at the same time
• The chip is PsJailbreak is...
172w ago - Earlier today we saw the PS JailBreak dissected, and now we have a new video from modsupplier via YouTube of the PS JailBreak PS3 modchip video guide in HD!
To quote from the video's caption: "Here is the official introduction video from Modsupplier.com for the PS Jailbreak PS3 modchip, we show how to setup the backup manager, how to backup your games and some general tips and tricks to using the PS Jailbreak.
This is the world's first PS3 mod chip and sure to be a hit, if anyone has any questions about the PS Jailbreak feel free to email us anytime.
No this video is not fake, this is about the third one to be uploaded and confirmed real. If you are looking to expand your PS3 console the PS Jailbreak is your ticket to doing so."
172w ago - Yesterday we caught a glimpse of some PS JailBreak Reviews which confirmed PS3 Firmware 3.41 is required, and today we have some PS3 JailBreak details from PlayStation 3 hackers SKFU and the DemonHades Team along with some pictures of the inside of the PS JailBreak (below) courtesy of PlanetadeJuego.com.
For those who missed it, PS JailBreak was first announced two days ago and is a USB device which allows end-users to play PS3 game back-ups on Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
"I just tested the software they uploaded and can confirm it works so far.
I can tell a bit about the backup manager. It seems the software uses bd_emu features to manage the backups. The HDD to use, should have a modified bd emu format, which sets all backups on first position, so the PS3 detects 'em all. Then you can choose the image to boot via the manager.
172w ago - As a follow-up to our previous post from yesterday, today some PS JailBreak pictures, preliminary reviews, a FAQ / guide and fresh videos have arrived.
To begin, PS3JailBreak.com has posted up pictures of the PS JailBreak instructions and cover letter (pictured below) along with the following additional PS JailBreak details, to quote:
• Do tools like SN Systems Target Manger work while this mod is being used? No Target Manager does not connect, it tries but fails.
• Does a debug settings menu appear like on PS3 Test units? No this does not appear when using the dongle.
• Can the USB Dongle be dumped? Possibly however initial common attempts to dump it have failed. The dongle is detected as an Unknown USB device in windows. It does not show up as a storage device. Trying to raw dump it with programs like Hex workshop also do not detect it since it doesn't show as a storage device.
• Does the dongle only need to be used once to convert my PS3 to a debug unit? No, you must use it every time...
172w ago - Update #2: After examining the PSJailBreak Manager .PKG File below, RichDevX determined that it was hardcoded not to boot on Test consoles, and he has now made available a patch for PS3 Debug users who can decrypt the selfs to run PS3 game back-ups with it!
Below (under PS3 Dev Notes) is some more tech info from his findings for those curious, however, please note the PSJailBreak patch above is only for PlayStation 3 Debug users. At this time it would probably be wise NOT to waste your money on this expensive PSJailBreak USB device, as a FREE PS3 scene solution is bound to surface.
Update: CJPC has received confirmation and xorloser has now confirmed that the PSJailBreak runs unsigned code on the PlayStation 3, so it appears this PS3 mod-chip is indeed legitimate!