281w ago - Rade Stojsavljevic (MAG Sr. Producer) gives us a first look at MAG today. The respective title is a new online shooter due for release in 2009 where up to 256 players wage battles as 8-person squads in what is deemed as a new and unique world.
To quote: Recently we had the incredible opportunity to share with you a first look for the MAG project at the SCEA E3 Press Conference. We're thrilled with the early responses from everyone and have been amazed at all the creative speculation about the game.
If you haven't seen the news, MAG is a new online shooter coming in 2009 where up to 256 players wage battles as 8-person squads in a new and unique World. You can watch the press event here or download it from the PLAYSTATION Store.
Though it's early to talk in depth about MAG, we can definitely quell some fears we've already heard from you about how MAG will need to compromise on gameplay to support its size. Well, it may be massive but it is an action shooter at its core. You can run around and shoot enemies, throw grenades, and drive vehicles just like any other shooter except with MAG you'll do it with up to 256 players.
The team at Zipper was one of the pioneers of online gaming on consoles with the SOCOM franchise and they've used this knowledge to create...
286w ago - Well I've been playing MGO a lot lately. Matter of fact it's all I've been playing. I used to play COD4 everyday but now that I have MGO COD4 has been collecting more dust than my PS3. While playing MGO I've come to the conclusion... MGO is better than COD4s Multiplayer.
Here are my 10 Reasons why:
1. Metal Gear Online customizations whoop the ass of COD4s. You can customize the guns and the outfit your guy is wearing. Plus if you do good you earn more guns and newer outfits. Just like COD4s rank system but better.
2. The Stat tracking system is a million times more in depth than COD4s "Barracks". It keeps your personal stats, matches played has leader boards and clan management. There's really nothing missing here.
3. The graphics are beautiful. On par with Singleplayers cut-scenes. With the same amazingly detailed textures and great frame rate.
4. Sons of the Patriots system is the air support. It can expose the enemy you can tag enemies so they can't just sneak around and catch you with your pants down. What does a UAV do? NOTHING! Compared to the SOP.
5. MGO has some of the best game modes I've ever seen. COD4 has the same game 3 modes just with slight tweaks. While MGO has a 5+ different amazing game modes that you can't get tired...
288w ago - Wal-Mart is set to start an "aggressive" Blu-ray promotion from June 8-14, 2008.
Consumers who purchase any Blu-ray player in its stores during the period will get a $100 Wal-Mart gift card.
Wal-Mart has also increased the brands of Blu-ray players it sells, adding Magnavox, Samsung and Panasonic, and it will sell select Blu-ray movie titles for $15 starting June 8, including "3:10 to Yuma," "Shooter" and "300."
293w ago - I managed to get my hands on an Age of Conan BETA key this morning, so off I went to excitedly download the client. I'm a big fan of Robert E. Howard's original pulps, and I've been looking forward to the grim and gritty world of Hyboria for a while now.
Most of what I've read about it so far has been very positive (with a few notable exceptions due to some of the design choices). Our own write-up of the overall BETA experience from Michael Zenke was very encouraging with regard to the combat, gameplay, and feel of the world. Overall, it seems like there's a lot to be excited about.
There's just one glaring issue that everyone seems to be having: the graphics are choking their machines.
This isn't a new phenomenon. It seems like every new game on the market in the last few years wants to beat our poor, 1-3 year old computers into lifeless heaps of rubbish with their outlandish and ridiculous system requirements. Even World of Warcraft, a game celebrated for its accessibility and ability to be run on older machines, wasn't that way at launch (though it was substantially better than its major competitors at the time, EverQuest 2 and City of Heroes).
However, this strategy of supercharged visuals has made things hard for a number of games. Vanguard in particular suffered a...