- An underground agent, reportedly working in conjunction with Four Player Co-Op, snagged some alleged [Register or Login to view links]
of concept art and details for a new Tomb Raider game.
To quote: According to the text accompanying the art, Lara's new adventure will be open-world, will feature a reworked combat system and - most importantly - will serve as an origin story for the young heiress.
Anonymity breeds contempt in the gaming news world - however, this report is supported by four pieces of news that have dropped in the past two months:
1. Eidos' president said the next Tomb Raider game will "reinvigorate the franchise."
2. Crystal Dynamics is hiring folks to work on an installment in a "AAA franchise."
3. Toby Gard, the series' creator, is leading a design group for an "unannounced project."
4. Eidos is terrible at keeping its secret games under wraps.