- After Sony's Keynote address, Kazunori Yamauchi
has just announced at the Sony Computer Entertainment Japan press conference at the Tokyo Game Show that the official release date for Gran Turismo 5 is March 2010.
Additionally, the following GT5 modes and features were revealed:
• GT Mode: World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Championship Race, and License Test.
• Online: Open Lobby, Text/Voice Chat, Private Room, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, and you can export replays to YouTube.
• Photo Mode: Photo Drive, Photo Stage.
• GT TV: Improved UI, export of videos to PSP, and progressive downloading.
To quote: "Featuring lots of new cars, lifelike graphics, and amazing racing physics, GT5 will quickly become regarded as the top racing simulation game of all-time.
The game will feature over 950 cars, 20 locations, and 70 tracks.
A new YouTube feature will also be included along will a deep online mode including: open lobby, text/voice chat, private room, online photo album, online replay album, and you can export replays to YouTube."