181w ago - Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Sid Shuman has revealed how fans can win a Beta Code for Medal of Honor Multiplayer, which recently went live on the PS3 entertainment system.
To quote: Beta access is reserved for those who pre-order the full version of Medal of Honor, EA and DICE's modern-day war shooter that hits the PS3 this October.
Luckily, we've got 18 beta code vouchers to hand out - keep an eye on the official PlayStation Twitter feed to find out how to win later today.
To get a head start on the giveaway, watch the following video (very) carefully.
Note: If you do win a beta voucher, you must redeem it on the official Medal of Honor site and specify PS3 to get a code you can redeem on the PSN Store.
At the 2010 E3 Expo last week, Medal of Honor executive producer Greg Goodrich and creative director Richard Farrelly gave us a primer on what's new (modern-day Afghanistan with modern-day weapons), what's unlockable (Tier 1 Operator status and...beards?!), and what's planned for the final release of Medal of Honor this fall.
184w ago - Recently SilverBull of AssemblerGames.com (linked above) has released his Kermit ODEM (Optical Drive EMulation) DBGCORE v0.4 BETA for PS2 alongside some videos by leonardoliveira of it in action, which appears similar to the elusive PS2 SuperBender but based on reverse-engineering of the PlayStation 2 HD Loader software.
Kermit aims to deliver PC-assisted real time debugging facilities similar to what is offered by the DTL-T10000 kit (Playstation 2 TOOL) but on a retail PS2 console.
Kermit has partial DECI2 support and this feature is still being worked on. Expect more mesmerizing features to come.
All debug, disassembly, cheat-engine, memory dumping, PC communication features are achieved by the install of the resident kernel module called DBGCore which hooks/patches into the existing PS2 OS kernel. Kermit communicates with the PC through either full duplex EE-SIO (Mr.Brown's EE-SIO cable) or through iLINK (IEE 1394).
184w ago - A few recent PSP homebrew updates on this Memorial Day weekend include both a PSP M33 6.20 PRX Plug-In BETA by Torky via PSPKing.de (linked above) and Multi Game Patcher v1 by flofrucht along with a Naruto 3 PSP Patch Plug-In for Sony's PlayStation Portable handheld.
To quote from alexking, roughly translated: "The coder Torky has today released a plugin which enables it to you, the games to date, only one original firmware as of 6:20 were run, to play on a custom firmware.
The plugin is yet in its infancy and therefore must be tested. But according to various posts here prove Forum, it was confirmed that this plugin works with many new games.
According to the developer plugin also works well on the still ever-popular Firmware 5.00 M33-6, Custom Firmware Dark_Alex Creator."
• Copy the plugin into SEPLUGINS
• In game.txt add the line "ms0:/seplugins/m33_620.prx 1"
• USB into flash0/vsh/etc and edit version.txt to "release:6.20"
• In the recovery menu, make sure "use version.txt"...
190w ago - PSP homebrew coder vosman of CNGBA.com has released PSNFcker v2.01 BETA, a Plug-In for PSP that allows you to once again access the PSN store via PlayStation Portable to download games and play online.
• A new code is inserted in the plug-in to force skip "Currently, the server may be down for maintenance or updating. Please try again later (20000001)" error screen, no need to modify the FAKE REGION of, FAKE REGION can be set to any regional or disabled.
1. Unzip the folder, copy to the PSP Memory Stick root directory.
2. Open the PSP memory stick directory "seplugins" folder (not on their new one) in the "GAME" text.
3. Copy the following "ms0: / psnfcker / psnfcker.prx 1" (be careful not to copy the quotation marks and rename the directory correctly)
4. Separate from the line (if it is new there is no GAME text or text content need not be further from the line up), good content will be copied before the paste is good, you can save out.
5. open the PSP memory stick directory "seplugins" folder (not...