Start by downloading the "HowToMakePS3Themes.zip".zip file HERE and extracting it onto your computer.
In this zip are folders with the necessary files for each step of the process.
Step 1: Create
Let's start at the very beginning.
- In this folder, you'll find the images that make the XMB, its sub-icons, and the background wallpapers for HD and SD resolutions.
- There is also a file called "PS3Theme_template.xml", but we'll come back to that a little later.
- It's important that you don't change any of the file names in this folder. If you do, it will cause problems later on.
- Start by deciding...
287w ago - Ken_vs_ryu has found a way to download torrent files directly to the PS3 without using a client.
Here are the instructions on downloading torrents directly to the PS3 via TorrentRelay, please use with caution and intelligence:
1. Find a torrent file link.
2. Copy .torrent link (ie: www.mininova.org/get/########)
3. Go to http://torrentrelay.com
4. Click on the 2nd input box with [Get URL] next to it, and type in the link from step #2.
5. Click on [Get URL].
6. Click on the file you want. It will list all the files available on the torrent.
7. Save As dialog should pop up.
8. We only tried an MP3, and it was downloaded directly into the Music folder. Video below:
Note: This really isn't good for the torrent community since the PS3 cannot seed files, but it's interesting that it's possible.
290w ago - The PlayStation Blog have answered many commonly asked questions about the game today.
Check below for a summary, and also HERE for the full FAQ.
Will the game support four-player Co-op offline or just online?
The four-players Co-op mode is supported online, and offline via LAN by linking two PS3 with two players split screen per PS3.
Will the game support 4 player co-op and multiplayer in split screen? How much of the game-play takes place in open environments vs enclosed spaces?
The game supports two players split screen per PS3 in Co-op and multiplayer. You can connect two PS3 with 2 players playing split screen to make it four players. And you can even LAN four consoles to play four versus four... if you want to. And, it's an even split for gameplay in open vs closed environments. It ranges from claustrophobic firefights to stunning unbroken vistas - but you will be too busy with the action to take in the view.
Will there be customizable elements to some weapons aside from nectar enhancement?
No need. The power of Nectar and the rebels resourcefulness will give you all the...
290w ago - Nigel Kershaw, MotorStorm Pacific Rift's game director, has said that its not too late give feedback on the game so that it can be improved.
Kershaw highlighted the fact the split screen mode was down to the community. If you want to let the team know your thoughts, Kershaw recommends visiting their site evos.net.
To quote: He said: "If you've got something that bothers you in the game, then let us know. Things like split screen are in there because people really wanted it. That's what we want to do. You listen to people and act on it."
He added: "It's (MotorStorm Pacific Rift) getting there but it's never too late. If someone's got a great idea we want them to share it with us."