has released an update to LightMP3, an audio player for PSP designed to save on battery life. With the brightness set to minimum, users can expect at least 9 hours of music playback from a fully charged battery.
Download: PSP LightMP3 v1.7.0
[Right-click, Save As]
* Added: Options screen
* Added: muted volume in settings file
* Added: Fadeout when skipping track
* Added: Option to set initial brightness check (on with warning/on without warning/off)
* Added: Volume boost value is saved in the settings file and restored at startup
* Added: MP3 playback via Media Engine (plays fine with CPU @ 20Mhz) (many thanks to joek2100)
* Added: ATRAC3 playback (*.aa3, *.omg, *.oma) via Media Engine (plays fine with CPU @ 20Mhz) (many thanks to joek2100)
* Added: FLAC playback (via libFLAC). Unfortunately plays fine with CPU @ 130Mhz. (many thanks to JLF65)
* Added: Automatic cpu clock based on filetype.
* Fixed: Directories are now listed before files.
* Fixed: Conflict with Music prx (the module is stopped and unloaded at startup).