178w ago - This weekend C4E released BenQ iXtreme LT v1.2 which includes an internal PFI that improves the reading of some discs and Samsung iXtreme LT v1.0 for XBox 360 alongside JungleFlasher v0.1.75 Beta (152).
• Supports all BenQ Drives (62430C, 64930C)
• Supports all Liteon Drives (74850, 83850V1, 83850V2, 93450)
• Totally re-written code optimised for minimal patching
• Whole banks of firware now untouched
• New Drive response timing engine accurately mimics original drive timings
• Full disc stealth used by default
• Waveless booting , disc images are assumed to be correct!
• Split-Vid used as default
182w ago - Today RockStar Games has announced that the Red Dead Redemption PlayStation 3 update version 1.02 has arrived, which users will be prompted to download when signing in to PSN.
The main issues fixed by the title update are as follows, to quote:
• Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues (Click here for tips on how to optimize your firewall settings)
• Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
• Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
• Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
• Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
• Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
• Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
• Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
• Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
• Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
• Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
• Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
182w ago - EA's Bazajaytee has announced that the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 v1.04 PS3 patch update went out today in North America (it will hit Europe tomorrow) and has detailed the changelog, as follows:
The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2:
• Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
• The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
• Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
• SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
• 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
• G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
• Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
• Scoring is now awarded after a player's death.
• Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
• The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
• Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
• Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
• Armored Vehicles are...
184w ago - Update: Jeremy Dunham has now confirmed that the MAG PS3 Patch v1.06 will arrive on June 8, 2010 and will automatically download to your PlayStation 3 the moment you sign into the game.
Sony's European Producer Elliott "Shijima" Martin has announced today that the MAG PS3 Patch version 1.06 will be coming in June, 2010.
To quote: Though we're still several weeks away from its release, we thought it prudent to give everyone a head's up on what we're working towards for our next MAG patch - and it's a big one!
Slated for sometime next month, MAG v1.06 will add a number of requested new features to the game that should please fans regardless of their play style.
Not only have we made it much harder to accidentally kill fellow teammates, for example, we've also expanded the Medical Kit's functionality to give users total control over who they heal (allies or themselves), while updating the experience system that surrounds it.
Other new goodies include improved vehicle handling and physics, new gun ports for APCs, weapon efficiency adjustments, credit cost changes, and updated medal and ribbon requirements.
Another nice addition is that we're also giving users...
189w ago - Today Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 title update version 1.07 arrives, and Arne of Naughty Dog has detailed the changes, as follows:
Title Update 1.07 will be released worldwide today, April 21, 2010, at about 11:00 AM PDT / 6:00 PM GMT.
Some regions may receive the update slightly earlier or later than this time, but every region will receive Title Update 1.07 today.
Title Update 1.07 includes the following:
• Players can now select a Hero skin through their online profile for Co-op Arena matches only
• Additional spawn system changes to enhance spawn point update effectiveness
• Gameplay changes to prevent "airwalk" exploit by players
• Updates to map geometry collision detection to improve prevention of players attempting to leave normal multiplayer map boundaries
Additionally, the PlayStation Blog has noted that the UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack is coming this Thursday alongside a double cash weekend!
To quote: "The day is nearly here for our UNCHARTED fans and the multitudes who have been awaiting a new co-op game type – The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Siege Expansion...