has released an update to his PSP compatible port of PicoDrive, a Sega CD and Genesis (Mega Drive) emulator.
In addition to the usual round of bug fixes, version 1.50 features several enhancements, including support for Sega Pico titles, as well as improved sprite rendering and optimized load times on the Sega CD end.
Download: PicoDrive v1.50 for PSP Custom Firmware
/ PicoDrive v1.50 for PSP Firmware 1.50
* Added some basic support for Sega Pico, a MegaDrive-based toy.
* Added proper support for cue/bin images, including cdda playback.
.cue sheets with iso/cso/mp3/wav files listed in them are now supported too (but 44kHz restriction still applies).
* Added bin_to_cso_mp3 tool, based on Exophase's bin_to_iso_ogg. The tool can convert .cue/.bin Sega CD images to .cso/.mp3.
* Greatly improved Sega CD load times.
* Changed how scheduling between 68k and z80 is handled. Improves performance for some games. Credits to Lordus for the idea.
* YM2612 state was not 100% saved, this should be better now.
* Improved renderer performance for shadow/hilight mode.
* Added a hack for YM2612 frequency overflow issue (bleep noises...