221w ago - Waninkoko has released a homebrew application for the Nintendo Wii that will download and install the new content in the v4.0 System Menu update, but leaves out the new protection which has been added.
221w ago - Earlier today, from GDC '09 a PS3 Firmware 2.70 announcement by Sony was rumored.
While we don't have an official word yet, PS3 Firmware 2.70 was confirmed present by many (props to ssneeky10 for the link) including some of the resident PS3 Devs, albeit briefly, on Sony's servers before being removed.
Chances are either a last-minute issue with it was found, or it was mistakenly put it up for download and removed, similar to what happened for Life with PlayStation.
To quote: Just got this from a prominent PS3 developer at GDC: "PS3 Firmware 2.70 definitely this week. Developers got it yesterday."
The update was rumored to have gone live this afternoon, but was apparently withdrawn. Watch for an announcement in the next few days.
Changes in 0.2:
• Increased speed of reloader
• Fixed bug in games like PokeMon XD (Game is protected against hacks)
• Increased speed of audio fix stuff
• Allow to select to start disc itself when using a multi game disc
• Avoid green screen when starting a game (button A)
• Disc change support on startup screen
• Disc change supported for all start methods
• Fixed Kirby's Air Ride
• Fixed non working PAL games on PAL console, when pressing B (e.g. Wario World)
• Support for Freeloader
• Support for Action Replay
• The loader will change the screen format in Wii mode to the screen format of the disc inserted at startup.