162w ago - Today Jeremy Dunham Zipper Interactive has announced that the MAG v2.02 PS3 patch is incoming addressing issues with PlayStation Move and parachuting, now users won't be stiff as a board when parachuting in.
To quote: As we continue our quest to provide the best first-person shooting experience possible, the team here at Zipper Interactive has made a couple of changes to MAG that you can find in our latest patch.
You'll be able to download MAG v2.02 starting today, October 27. Be sure to grab it when it becomes available!
And now, the changes: Patch v2.02 - Available October 27, 2010 - 35MB (TPPS), N/A (DLS)
• Modified FRAGO bonuses so that they are applied more evenly for players located on the upper floors of multi-storied buildings
• Fixed problem that prevented PlayStation Move users from controlling their character while parachuting
• Updated PlayStation Move "Aim" tuning values
168w ago - Today Zipper Interactive's Jeremy Dunham has announced that MAG 2.0 for PS3 is coming soon, as follows:
Everyone here at Zipper Interactive is extremely proud to announce that our next downloadable MAG update, MAG 2.0, is not only our biggest and most important patch yet, but also one that's less than a month away!
That's right! All the feedback and suggestions you've made from countless hours spent playing our new MAG Beta program will pay off in the retail version of MAG in a very big way. We're calling it "MAG 2.0″ for a reason and it's because of the sheer number of fantastic new additions, including:
• PlayStation Move support
• An increased level cap that goes to level 70
• A revamped Skill Tree that allows for the deepest character customization and specialization ever found in a first-person shooter
• A brand-new in-game economy that lets you earn credits to spend on weapons and items from the also-new "Supply Depot"
• Our useful "Clan Deploy" feature that enables clan leaders and officers to queue up to 128 of their fellow clan members into a single game
• A "MAG News" page that brings players up to date on all the latest happenings the moment they log in
• A multitude of updates that refine existing...
176w ago - Update: The MAG PS3 update patch version 1.07 is now live- as always, details are below for those who missed them the first time!
Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has announced today that MAG v1.07 hits PS3 in early August, 2010.
To quote: If you consider yourself the type of person who likes getting new video game features for free, then our next MAG patch – version 1.07, due in early August – is definitely something for you.
Yes friends, in just over a week from now, players will be treated to a number of features that you've been asking us for all summer in addition to a few surprises. Like what, you ask? Like these:
• A new "Happy Hour" Double XP bonus that's applied to the first hour of any player's gameplay session in a 24-hour period.
• Suppression will join Sabotage as a "Faction Neutral" gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map.
• Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way.
• Redesigned versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps that include new obstacles and repaired exploits.
• New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic...
176w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has announced today that beginning today the MAG PS3 Sabotage Mode goes Faction Neutral!
To quote: It's been almost six months since our massive online shooter, MAG, was released to stores all over the world, and the team here at Zipper Interactive is celebrating by giving something back to fans who continue to support our game and its community.
That "something" we're passing along is also something that many of you have been asking us for with great enthusiasm for months. And so, it is with great pleasure, that I announce that starting today – right this moment in fact – that all maps in our "Sabotage" game mode are going "Faction Neutral!"
If you ever wanted to play against the Valor PMC as a member of the competing Raven Industries on a map that belonged to the third faction, SVER, that option is now yours! We'd like to think of it as a way to experience existing content in an all-new way, and we hope you feel the same.
The best part? You don't have to download a thing to do it. We've already set everything up so that all you have to do is log on to the game, select the Sabotage game mode with whatever your PMC of choice may be, and have fun. It's...
188w ago - SCEE's European Product Manager Richard Yap via Zipper Interactive has unveiled the new Socom PS3 Operations Commander Cullen Gray today.
To quote: Following our first unveil for the new SOCOM, I've got some further intelligence to share with you from Zipper Interactive.
Please find the latest artwork and screenshots around the lead character in the game otherwise known as the Operations Commander (Ops Com)
So who is the Ops Com? Read the character biography below to find out what makes him the man he is today... Look forward to hearing any questions you may have.
Cullen Gray ("Ops Com") Force: NATO ISF
Born the son of a naval analyst and a civilian geologist, Cullen Gray was exposed to travel and the military way of life from his earliest years. After graduating from a military university with an outstanding record, he served active duty special forces before being identified by NATO as a candidate for the Limited Resources Deployment (LRD) program.
The LRD initiative was considered part of the New Warfare paradigm, which theorized that costly military operations could be significantly optimized by deployment of elite "troubleshooters" able to leverage only the resources at hand to resolve high-risk or remote...