157w ago - Over the weekend Treyarch developer JD_2020 has shared details on their official site (linked above) of the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.04 patch.
To quote: Hey PS3 gamers,
We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
Patch 1.04 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.
Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks...
168w ago - Today Waninkoko has released PS3 Demo Manager v1.0 with a guide HERE and Comgenie has made available Awesome FileManager v0.01 homebrew application for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system followed by several updates below.
This tool for PC allows you to install PSN content in your PS3, without PSN access, creating the folder structure and files needed for it.
NOTE: It's necessary to have Jailbroken PS3 with PS3 FTP Server installed.
1. Drag the .pkg file you want to install onto the application executable.
2. If everything went ok, a folder called "00000xxx" (xxx is a random number) should be created.
3. Copy the .pkg file inside the folder.
4. Copy the entire folder...
180w ago - Today Nintendo has released Wii System Menu version 4.3, which like past updates isn't homebrew friendly, and so Waninkoko has released a new Firmware Updater to allow users to update their Wii consoles without jeopardizing homebrew channel applications.
Below are the changes Wii System Menu v4.3 introduces:
• Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
• Now uses IOS80.
• IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deleted.
• Fixed Bannerbomb less stupidly this time.
• Added IOS58.
• HackMii Installer Userland+Syscall IOS exploit removed
• ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature (Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)
Those who didn't use Waninkoko's application above may encounter "Wii Error:004". According to Nintendo, this error code indicates the system is attempting to load unauthorized software....