To quote: "For anyone that does not have a clue on what ScummVM is, take a look at this site here: scummvm.org. It has a ton of info on what ScummVm is and does. But basically:
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
A quote from the man himself:
Hi, I am currently working on a ScummVM port for the PS3, much of it already works, but there are still some points which need...
232w ago - In several recent releases, it seems that Atari published games for the Wii based on ScummVM, which was released under the GPL.
Atari contracted Majesco, who contracted a company named Mistic Software with offices in the Ukraine.
When the fact that the GPL was being violated was brought to Atari's attention, they were kind at first until it was discovered that Nintendo doesn't allow open source software to be used with the Wii SDK, so updated documentation mentioning the GPL wasn't an available solution.
So, what happens to the games? To quote:
"There is a period of time in which all current copies have to be sold. Any copies beyond this period or any reprints get fined with quite high fine for each new/remaining copy. The remaining stock has to be destroyed [sic]."
Atari and Majesco seem to have been very cooperative about this whole thing, but had their hands tied by the agreement with Nintendo.
301w ago - ScummVM have released version 0.11.1 of their open-source game engine interpreter. ScummVM allows users to run SCUMM based video game titles, including adventure classics Monkey Island 1-3, Fate of Atlantis, and Day of the Tentacle.
Changes in version 0.11.1 of the application include numerous bug fixes and improved support for fan developed AGI games... more details below.
- Improvements for Digital iMUSE subsystem. This fixes several glitches in
The Curse of Monkey Island.
- Fixes for cursors in HE games.
- Fix for zombies in King's Quest 4.
- Fix for changing palettes in fanmade games using AGIPAL.
- Fixed some conversation crashes in the German version.
- Fixed operation of the optional copy protection dialog in the German
- Added saving of conversation flags as to whether a particular conversation
option had been previously selected or not.
- Fixed glitch that could cause transformation sparkle to happen a second
- Fixed behavior of Goewin when you rejoin her after meeting the dragon.