171w ago - Previously we shared Spanish, French, and English PS JailBreak PS3 Reviews, and today we have a few videos from Dutch site DynaModz (linked above) testing the PSJailBreak USB modchip on their PlayStation 3 console.
Below are the videos and their feedback on the new PS JailBreak PS3 modchip, to quote roughly translated:
"The sample has arrived in a beautiful gift box with a USB stick, unfortunately no manual (they will be forgotten).
The features we are most striking and important are this product:
• The PS JailBreak works with every PlayStation 3 model on the market (FAT or SLIM).
• Backups of games, both on the internal HDD and external HDD made and loaded.
• Works with all existing PS3 games.
• Supports homebrew.
• Supports the PlayStation 3 in all regions (USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA).
• Upgradeable via PC and support for any more options.
Importantly, to our knowledge the PS Jailbreak only works on a PlayStation 3 with firmware 3.41. We do not know if the PS are Jailbreak will work after a firmware update for the PlayStation 3.
• PlayStation 3 with firmware 3.41 installed (this goes for the sample we received)....
172w ago - As a follow-up to our previous post from yesterday, today some PS JailBreak pictures, preliminary reviews, a FAQ / guide and fresh videos have arrived.
To begin, PS3JailBreak.com has posted up pictures of the PS JailBreak instructions and cover letter (pictured below) along with the following additional PS JailBreak details, to quote:
• Do tools like SN Systems Target Manger work while this mod is being used? No Target Manager does not connect, it tries but fails.
• Does a debug settings menu appear like on PS3 Test units? No this does not appear when using the dongle.
• Can the USB Dongle be dumped? Possibly however initial common attempts to dump it have failed. The dongle is detected as an Unknown USB device in windows. It does not show up as a storage device. Trying to raw dump it with programs like Hex workshop also do not detect it since it doesn't show as a storage device.
• Does the dongle only need to be used once to convert my PS3 to a debug unit? No, you must use it every time...