141w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to...
141w ago - Today wuepe at Spanish site Elotrolado.net has updated the PS3 backup game manager to Open Manager v2.1 Rev J-2 for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users along with sharing an OM 2.1I-2 PS3 XMB Game Launcher mod.
To quote from French site PS3-Addict (linked above), roughly translated: This mod is a bit special, he is a manager that can launch a single game at a time. It will display the games directly in the XMB as in the picture above. This mod also manages the settings for each version as patch management or automatic execution. It is therefore a function similar to MagicPKG or to eboot tool offered by deank.
From the PSNinja v3 ReadMe file, to quote:
This make you appear offline using mecomment, wipes history, pushes fake history, and clears web history. It is stealthed as Mobile Suit Gundam BLUS30017, if you play this game you suck... Its the second worst game on ps3.
Make selection press X
Wipe History- Deletes history files
Replace History- Replaces History with fake history files found in - dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30017/USRDIR/files
Make History Files read Only- Makes you history files read only, games and homebrew ran will no longer be added to files.
Make History Writable- Make history files writable again
Clear Browser History- Deletes history.xml from webbrowser
Hide From Friends- Makes you appear offline even though you are online.
152w ago - Update: This method ended up failing because the LV2 address range is protected by Sony on PS3 with Firmware v3.55, so Netkas and flukes1 are now working on a patch for LV1 instead.
Today Netkas and flukes1 have successfully managed to patch the PS3 lv2_kernel in v3.55 Firmware to allow peek and poke syscalls, meaning PlayStation 3 backup managers and Custom Firmware (CFW) will also be able to make use of them!
From the ReadMe file:Patch to add peek and poke syscalls to PS3 firmware v3.55 by flukes1 and netkas (irc.efnet.net #ps3test)
To create the patched PS3UPDAT.PUP:
1. Use bspatch to apply PS3UPDAT.PUP.bsdiff to Sony's official 3.55 PUP, which is available from their website.
2. Run this from command line: "bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3UPDAT-NEW.PUP PS3UPDAT.PUP.bsdiff"
2. Ensure that the md5sum of the...